prob with messenger and Vista

sandrou

OSNN Newbie
Hi all, am new here and looking for help with Live messenger and vista.
I was forced to upgrade for live messenger on Thursday eve and for some reasons live messenger does not want to work on my laptop. I am running Vista and despite getting support from Acer it still doesnot work. Everything else works perfectly such as Windows live for my mail but not messenger.
Any idea on what couldbe the problem?

Any more details on your setup? AV/Firewall, other background app's running?

I'm running VISTA Home with Live Messenger, Office XP (2002) on a Toshiba Laptop and aside from some quirks with finding my mail servers, Outlook, forgetting the password, and IE 7 locking up every 30 minutes I have seen no problems. That was with Macafee Security Suite originally and now AVG/ZoneAlarm. (Macafee was trippling my boot and shut down times.)

Hi thx am running vista and downloaded Avast home edotion as my Norton was causing me so much problem. I have dowloaded windows live beta. I have no problem running the live mail but cant log in to messenger. I get the message "messenger has stopped working" followed by the other one telling me that the prog had to close.

Ok, try uninstalling messenger and reinstalling it. Some times the registry gets messed up during an install. A remove and replace usually fixes it. The install program with the beta probably hasn't been optimized for a clean install yet so it left some debris behind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back