Pro 128mb or Non-Pro 256mb?

Hexinpendapados

OSNN Newbie
I need a new graphics card for PC cause im tired of playing Everquest 2 on laptop all the time, I dont have much money for a card right now. I am looking at:
Radeon 9600 with 256mb $89.00
and
Radeon 9600 pro with 128mb $113.50

Just wondering which you all think would run the game better?
I dont know much about video cards so not sure which, Pro or extra 128mb would make more of a difference.

Please dont just tell me these cards suck and i need a 6800, its unfortunately not an option :cry:

the pro will be faster/better performance all round...

unless you do 3d modelling (where the extra memory will help), it will be the best solution for you in gaming...

i just got the 9800 pro and went through the same thing, i saw 256 got cheap and was like right on, but decided to find out why like you did, found some guy who benchmarked them side by side, pro beat it in every single game. Yeah go 256 when you wanna animate

get the 256 then get ATI tray tools and raise everything a bit and you will get better performance clock up memory up betta card!!!

TBH 256MB cards over the 128MB on the Radeon 9800 Pro variety gave more detailed texture in games etc. That was spotted at Hot Hardware when the 256MB Radeon 9800 Pro launched. But you would have had your eyes 1 inch away from the monitor to really spot the difference :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back