private messages

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
well, when the window informing me I have a private message pops up, and then asks me to open in a new window, and I click yes, the provate message should come right up, not my private message page, which I then have to click on the private message.

also...hehe...I have to turn off scripted blocking on my adsheild when I come to the forum, otherwise, these pop ups are blocked in the first place...but there's nothing you can do about that, but if it's possible, when the notification is clicked, it should bring you right to the message, and not the pm page

Hipster:
No, perris is right. Mine hasn't work for ages either. I've mentioned it but EP and Md have more important things to deal with atm.

Posted by dealer
well, when the window informing me I have a private message pops up, and then asks me to open in a new window, and I click yes, the provate message should come right up, not my private message page, which I then have to click on the private message.

Should come up? The default of vbulletin has exactly the same behaviour, I haven't touched the templates that create it. It does exactly what it should.

Also, if someone is using adblocking software, why would I wanna write an extra function so it works right fo rthem when they ain't supporting the site by downloading the ad, not pointing fingers, just an argument that occured to me ;)

no, I don't want you to write anthing special for the add blocking software, I was just poining it out...it actually took me a while to figure that out when I first came to this board, I thought something was wrong with the script.

ok, when I say the message should come up, I meant that that would be the practical behavior, i didn't mean that that is the default behavior.

if the pm came up instead of the pm message page, that would be one less call to the server, plus, more convenient for the users, that's what I meant by "should"

anyway, you're kinda kranky today...just wake up?

I have had less sleep than usual. just over 4 hours.
Those folks as jelsoft don't really like to include functions that are not used in the way that they release vbulletin.

aha...and I know exactly why you're getting such little sleep...it's because of this;

Posted by allan
Clearly someone who has the best interests of XP-erience.org at heart. :cool:

allan is trying to climb into bed with you, that's why
devil.gif

He is an ICQ contact and suggested it while we were chatting last night. He is married btw.

Posted by dealer
if the pm came up instead of the pm message page, that would be one less call to the server, plus, more convenient for the users, that's what I meant by "should"

Dealer, wouldn't there be a call to the server anyway to get the PM and put it up in the Pop-Up Window?

no, the call is already made, and sends me to the pm page, where I have to make another call to the message

the same call that sends me to the pm page would, should could, (hehe) send send me to the message, and save one call

Then there wouldn't be any extra calls to the server then, one way or another... Yes there would.

Errrr.... never mind. :)

one extra call teh way it stands, but md, or ep will tell the both of us which is correct.

good to see you, oh mighty satchel...

howz it go?

Leaving to work as I type these last words of Fugistically Stagnant Vapor. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back