Private Folders Help!!!

81135615A

OSNN Captain
recently my old computer died on me, and i had a copy of windows xp pro installed... my profile at that time was placed as "make folder contents private".

now that i have a new pc, i've connected my old hard drive and tried to access my files on the old hd, but it comes up as "access denied"... the old and new xp logon and passwords are the same...

is there any way of accessing my old files?

kind regards
mike :(

Reg

eXperienced!
There probably is, but it is not going to be easy to find. On a PC, files are encrypted to your SID, a unique identifier that is created for every PC user. Each SID is unique, even if you reformat your computer and create the exact same user with the exact same password. Because your files were encrypted to a different SID and you did not make a recovery for the SID, it will not be very easy to decrypt.

81135615A

OSNN Captain
thx a lot u guys... it worked and my files have been recovered! u guys have been a real help! thanks again :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99