Printing Photos, major issue

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
==-- Class "A" Alert, Need help a.s.a.p. --==

I'm trying my best to print photo's but I just can not. The problem occurs on two different printers, one is a HP Deskjet 1000c and the other is a Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-2100. Whenever I print this photo, which is about 11cm by 8cm when printed on the sheet. I am printing on a glossy sheet of paper. What happends is the image appears fine except that black ink is smudged all over certain parts of the picture. I made this file in photoshop, so I tried printing it from photoshop which was 22mb, than I made it a .jpg which was about 1.5mb in photoshop, same deal. Than I tried printing it from the "preview pictures" (Windows XP) This is nothing new, as any other graphics that use a lot of ink has done this, but this is very important now. What is wrong with my printers? I have tried using the "head cleaner" on both, same results come. I have tried cleaning the cartridge no luck. (Both is software on the computer.) What is wrong here? This image is "darker" and has a lot of black but the black goes right over the image with no mercy. How do I fix?

Please, anything will help, I need a fix ASAP.

Thanks

A couple of shots in the dark:

My old BJ4100 had a lever you had to set dependent on the type of paper you used - I think it had something to do with how close to the paper the printhead was. I'm thinking maybe the printhead is too close and is rubbing (smearing) it.

My Canon S630 has diffeent settings in the printer setup for different types of paper - rather than adjusting a lever on the print head.

Can anyone offer more support? I will post a scanned image of the a printed thing, and the digital image so you can see the problem. Maybe than you guys can help me more.

make sure your printer is set 2 glossy paper as this will mean it prints slower so the ink has a chance 2 dry + it doesn't smudge.

Also check if your printer drivers/setting are set to print darker or with alot of ink. That may be it.

yeh check the ink volume is set to light in the advanced section of your printing preferences then see wat happens also if you have a paper type selection then select the type you will be using i.e. glossy photo paper

papertype.txt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back