printer sharing & the tale of the 832c

C

cam

two questions involved in this post.. first i'll explain my lan setup. in my room i have two PCs, both running windows xp pro. my main machine is a 1.3ghz duron, backup pc is a pII 350mhz. in the office, my parents each have a pc.. my mother has a pII 233 and my dad has what i think is a 300mhz laptop, although im not totally sure. both of theirs run 98. they share xerox document workcentre xd100 printer/copier which is nice..

anyway, my question is this, i tried to share it and it gives me errors about how the correct drivers arent installed, so where do i go from there?

two, ive got an hp deskjet 832c given to me by my aunt, pc recognizes it but im not able to print anything, it'll sit in the queue for awhile then claim errors.

any help would be most appreciated.

cam

For the Xerox Printer goto their website and look for drivers. Do the same thing for the HP

Hi

Did the above work? I used to work for HP, before they were assimilated by the borg.

With the deskjet range, the memory sometimes holds some errors when tryining to print. Open print manager and ensure that the Pause Printing option is not checked. Then purge and try again.

Hope this works.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, you can sell him equipment.

for that xerox, do i need to download the drivers onto MY machine or just the machine im printing through over the network?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back