• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printer Requires???


OSNN Senior Addict
My printer is Canons PIXMA iP6220D, was just wondering i guess i need to buy a USB to USB cable for connection????Is there a difference between ends(like male or female)????


Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
yes.. USB has multiple types of connectors..

A-Type (Male and Female)
B-Type (Male)
5 pin Mini-B (male)
4 pin Mini-B

And a newer format the Micro-A and Micro-B connectors starting to be seen more and more now.

Printers usually have a Male B connector on the printer.. and you need a Male A-Type to plug into most computers.

The mini (and Micro) are usually seen on cameras and phones.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
usb is standard, and i doubt that a printer even if its a shinny new one will need anything other than a bog standard usb cable


Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
so i need a cable that has firewire and usb ?????
why are you bringing firewire into the question? No one ever mentioned firewire. :) :p

The connectors I mentioned are all different USB connectors. But, as I also mentioned, 99% of the printers use a Male B connector on the printer with a Male A-Type to plug into the computers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Latest member