Printer Problem

E

Elux

Hi All

I have XP pro on one m/c and 98 on the other, xp is adsl connected to the net, both puters are networked, internet connection sharing and file sharing are working fine. I am having probs with printer sharing, m/cs are set up for sharing but the 98 machine keeps telling me to install a driver for the printer, when I try to install the manufacturers driver it will not install cause the printer is on lpt1 on the other machine any help would be appreciated

Thanks .. elux

choose the corect driver !
( see on back of the printer )

In the printers setting on the xp machine there is an option to install drivers for another os so they dont have to hunt for the drivers. Try doing that.

Problem Solved I think???

Printer model is HP815C the driver disk supplied will not let you install the driver on its own you have to run the setup proggy.

Trouble is the proggy looks for the printer on the LPT port of the Win 98 box and it aint there its on the LPT port on the XP box so it aborts the install.

I used a driver for the HP850c off the Win98 install disk seems to be working ok (for now).

Thanks to all who responded to my help request.

Elux

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back