Printer not working....sorta....HELP!

• Thread starter Nathan Alexande
  • Start date
N

Nathan Alexande

Okay, my printer is physically connectd and installed to computer1. I networked printer to computer2. Both computers are freshly installed XP. When I send a document to the printer from computer2, it does not print. However, when I restart computer1, the document prints....WHY??? Why am I having to restart computer1 to print documents sent by computer2???

By the way the computers are netwroked together, and share files flawlessly...

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

-Nathan

Make sure that the Print Spooler service is turned on

Start / Run
services.msc

Okay, print spooling is enabled on both machines.....still now working....any other ideas?

Maybe I missed it, but what kind of printer are you using?

Clear everything from the following DIR...

C:\WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS

That is the temp folder where items are spooled to. If it gets too full sometimes you might have troubles printing.

Printer is an HP Ultra Series 2xxx (can't remember exact number) PCL6.

I could never figure out why, but I had a similar problem with my HP Deskjet 880. Never could get the darned thing to print reliably over the network. I did all the usual things (updated drivers, tried changing from parallel to USB and back again). I finally gave up and got an Epson C82 ($99 at Best Buy). Its way faster, has better output, and it is lots noiser. But, it works locally and for network printing.

I've quite often had problems with HP printers printing over the network. Did you install the HP driver cd on both c1 and c2 (I think you can install it on c2 and tell it the printer is on c1 over the network - thats how we install the hp laserjet 3330s at work)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back