Printer Installation!!

JANABAD

OSNN Newbie
Hi there!
I'm having problems installing my printer on to my computer. Its a new computer (emachine windows vista) as well as the printer. Is there a certain type of printer that needs to be installed with vista or can I install any? I've been having problems since I bought the darn thing last week. I've also tried uninstalling it, but , it won't let me. The first time I installed it, it said installation complete, ready to use. But, everytime I click'd the test page button, I get a popup window saying that there was an error 0000006 or something like that. I also checked to see if it was in the start option, I wasn't able to locate it. It is so frustrating, making me want to go back to windowsxp.. Someone help please!:cry:

Last edited:
You can find Printers by going to the Control Panel - Start > Control Panel -> Printers.

Is your device listed here?

HI,
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I KNOW WHERE ALL THAT IS AT, I ALSO WENT THROUGH THE CHOOSE YOUR PRINTER PROCESS. NOTHING IS WORKING. ITS STILL NOT LETTING ME UNINSTALL IT. IM READY TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW..:devious: HELP!

You need to go to the printer and or Microsoft site and make sure that printer has drivers that have been certified for use with Vista.

Hardware manufacturers have been very slow to build and certify drivers for Vista. If the drivers are not ready there is nothing to do but wait or see if you can exchange that printer for one that has Vista certified drivers.

Lexmark released mine on Friday the 9th . X1195 4 in 1 so as stated you need to locate the drivers for Vista

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back