Printer Cartridges

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
So what do you do with you empty printer cartridges? I get mine refilled professionally at half the price.

I refill my own and a host of my mates cartridges.. the bass turds are too lazy to do it... I charge em a token buck since I always get my fingers messed up :) but they bring all the equipment and stuff... I charge myself a dollar and go buy a cone from mc d's....

I'm to lazy to try refilling them and I hate messy fingers. I just get good quality generics.

Anyway, you left out recycle them :)

Over here I don't even know of a place that will recycle them. Good option but it's a no go. Even the refill places are just starting to pop up. The makers, HP ect, are on a good wicket. They put people off refilling by saying it will void the warranty.
Jerks. :mad:

Trick is, when you buy the printer, don;t use the original cartridges, just put them to one side and buy generics. Should it go wrong slap in the real ones and claim on that warranty :D

for me... go with the original. it is safer because i have got friends who told me after using refilled catridges they seem to have all sort of problems with their printheads costing them alot of money (epson especially).

I just go out and buy new ones when needed. I can't be bothered trying to refills :p

I throw them away because I tried refilling and the ink only lasted like a week and then sometimes it wouldn't print even after I had just refilled it. :)

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I just go out and buy new ones when needed. I can't be bothered trying to refills :p

I have the same opinion ... ;)

I always refill my own. Apart from taking a few seconds longer to dry, i have had no problem with them.

I horde them. Then i donate the empty cartiridges to the school i work for. The school mails used cartridges to a recycling program called ETCEP and they get points that the school can use to buy new technology equipment

JJB6486

Over here in Oz you can get the ink almost anywhere. Getting it into the cartridge is the tricky part.

Just wanted to resurect this thread because someone asked my partner this question - now I buy generic that come with a post paid envelope to recycle for charity, but I was wondering if anyone had a (UK) address, maybe even a freepost one?

i havent had to worry about that for a couple years now, my neighbors had a full box full of brand new original hp cartridges and always gave me like 3 or 4 at a time evertime i needed one or helped them with somthing, but now i only have like 3 or 4 left, but no printer i sold it:p needed money, ill get a new printer soon!

I totally ruined a $70 printhead using refills, so I will never do that again. There is a place here that you can turn in your empty for charity and get $2 off your purchase of your new ones. That is what I do.

Mainframeguy said:
Just wanted to resurect this thread because someone asked my partner this question - now I buy generic that come with a post paid envelope to recycle for charity, but I was wondering if anyone had a (UK) address, maybe even a freepost one?
Pop into Dixons, Currys or PC World.. they should all have Prepaid plastic envolopes that recycle ink carts (charity).

I can't remember the name of the site now (and I'm currently to lazy to search) a site mentioned on TechTV that you could send your old ink carts to for a donation and I think they sent you $ even.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back