• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printer Cartridges

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I refill my own and a host of my mates cartridges.. the bass turds are too lazy to do it... I charge em a token buck since I always get my fingers messed up :) but they bring all the equipment and stuff... I charge myself a dollar and go buy a cone from mc d's....

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Over here I don't even know of a place that will recycle them. Good option but it's a no go. Even the refill places are just starting to pop up. The makers, HP ect, are on a good wicket. They put people off refilling by saying it will void the warranty.
Jerks. :mad:

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Trick is, when you buy the printer, don;t use the original cartridges, just put them to one side and buy generics. Should it go wrong slap in the real ones and claim on that warranty :D

S

sconn

for me... go with the original. it is safer because i have got friends who told me after using refilled catridges they seem to have all sort of problems with their printheads costing them alot of money (epson especially).

A

all4thenookie

I throw them away because I tried refilling and the ink only lasted like a week and then sometimes it wouldn't print even after I had just refilled it. :)

G

GraLk

I always refill my own. Apart from taking a few seconds longer to dry, i have had no problem with them.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
I horde them. Then i donate the empty cartiridges to the school i work for. The school mails used cartridges to a recycling program called ETCEP and they get points that the school can use to buy new technology equipment

JJB6486

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Just wanted to resurect this thread because someone asked my partner this question - now I buy generic that come with a post paid envelope to recycle for charity, but I was wondering if anyone had a (UK) address, maybe even a freepost one?

Kush

High On Life!
i havent had to worry about that for a couple years now, my neighbors had a full box full of brand new original hp cartridges and always gave me like 3 or 4 at a time evertime i needed one or helped them with somthing, but now i only have like 3 or 4 left, but no printer i sold it:p needed money, ill get a new printer soon!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I totally ruined a $70 printhead using refills, so I will never do that again. There is a place here that you can turn in your empty for charity and get $2 off your purchase of your new ones. That is what I do.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Mainframeguy said:
Just wanted to resurect this thread because someone asked my partner this question - now I buy generic that come with a post paid envelope to recycle for charity, but I was wondering if anyone had a (UK) address, maybe even a freepost one?
Pop into Dixons, Currys or PC World.. they should all have Prepaid plastic envolopes that recycle ink carts (charity).

I can't remember the name of the site now (and I'm currently to lazy to search) a site mentioned on TechTV that you could send your old ink carts to for a donation and I think they sent you $ even.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies