Print folder contents.

See how you go with this>

See what is inside a folder.

Command Prompt. Navigate to folder. Type....dir> {filelist} (Enter)

File gets saved to that folder. Open file in notepad.

Just found this>

* Open a text editor, such as Notepad, and type the following lines into a new document: (assuming the printer you wish to use is connected to printer port #1).

CD %1
DIR >LPT1

* Save the two-line file into your Windows\Command folder, and call it PRINTDIR.BAT.
* Find the file in Explorer, right click on it, and select Properties.
* Click on the Program tab, turn on the Close on Exit option, choose Minimized from the Run list, and click Ok.
* Next, run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
* Open My Computer\ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Directory\ shell.
* Select New from the Edit menu, and then select Key.
* Type Print for the name of this new key, and press Enter.
* Highlight the new Print key, select New from the Edit menu, and then select Key again.
* Type command for the name of this new key, and press Enter.
* Double-click on the (default) value in the right pane, and type C:\Windows\Command\PRINTDIR.BAT (assuming that C:\Windows\ is your Windows folder).
* From now on, when you right-click on a folder icon, you can click Print to print its contents.

* Note: this assumes that your printer is connected to the LPT1 port, which is true for most users. However, if your printer is connected over a network or you have more than one printer, you need to change LPT1 to the correct port.

Have not tried it but am going too. Looks good. :)
Found it here.

I'll have to slow down & have a closer look at what I'm doing. I can't get the early steps done & all it does is blink at me. :eek:

PrintFolders 1.3

PrintFolders prints list of files and folders into plain-text file. The main features are: walking through all tree of folders, the filter to include or exclude particular files, sorting files by name, extension, size or date, integration into the Windows Shell context menu, the command line interface, writing files with or without extensions and paths, writing size, creation date and creation time for each file or folder, and more.

http://www.ktk.ru/~camelot/printfolders.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back