Prince of Persia PC gamepad fix!!!

Tybris

OSNN One Post Wonder
I just purchased Prince of Persia for the pc, after playing the demo several times. I like the game graphix and the cool moves while fighting, so I thought I'd buy it. I found out however that upon purchasing the pc version I could not use my gamepad. It appears for some stupid reason that made it so that you have to have a special analog controller or stuck trying to use the keyboard and mouse. If any of you others are plagued by this as I was then you're gonna love this. It took me nearly 2hrs of beating my head on the desk trying to figure this out. If you've played the demo version you probably noticed that it has a gamepad option, while the full version doesn't. So I figured there most be some file that the demo has that the full doesn't. I finally found what I was looking for, but there most be some file modification lock or something cuz I couldn't add what was in the demo to the full. No need to fear what I discovered was that if I took the file form the demo and replaced the one in the full..TA DA!!! I'm sure you're all going get on with it already.. :D Well if you don't have the demo then go get it you're gonna need it. Simply copy the file POPData.BF from the demo into the full folder, keeping a back of the the original somewhere just to be safe. Now when you load the game you'll notice first off it says Demo(ignore this), and when you go into the controls it will let you configure you're gamepad, and mine is just a generic usb pad. I've been playing the game for several hours now with not a single problem, as the popdata.bf file only contains links, titles, and such. Ya know, things like "Are you sure you want to exit" Yes/No, it has not affect on the game play of the full version in the least.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back