Presidential Debate Discussion

bush vs kerry for the first time debating. im sure the highlights will be out tomorrow.

It just started @ 9pm EST. Tomorrow you can read the media spin version of it. :)

I think Kerry did better than I expected, still seemed like a wash. I don't think there will be much movement either way.

i agree.. i think the harcore bush wont budge.. but overalll kerry did much better in my opinion.

sraycoz said:
i agree.. i think the harcore bush wont budge.. but overalll kerry did much better in my opinion.

Agreed.
I still have to laugh every time I see GWB. For whatever reason he reminds me of a cartoon character or something...

bush waffled... kerry made his points more concisely...

overall I think kerry did better...

Yeah Kerry came out on top for sure. Bush was flustered the majority of the time and had a hard time trying to say what he had to say. You could tell when he was fustrated because he became a broken record saying the same thing over and over. :)

all points made are pretty much right on;

Kerry clearly did better in this debate then the president did...no doubt about that.

but, this doesn't matter...the people that support this president are not supporting him because of his performance...that's not possible, the performance is miserable.

they support this president because he's member of the same party that they are a member of...they couldn't support the record of performance of their candidate, and therefore, who did better in the debate doesn't matter one stitch to these people

also, because of the war, undecided is not really possible in this particular election...there are those that believe what the president has done is good, and those that believe it is bad.

from my experience, I have yet to see anyone in between...a great devide has swept America because of this presidency, the devide is vast.

those people that tell us they are "undecided" are people that just don't want to admit who they are voting for...anyone that is going to vote has already looked at the issues, and the issues are clear as day

disclaimer;

the preceding was just my opinion, nothing more

Kerry seemed much more engaged, taking tons of notes while Bush was speaking, and ANSWERING the questions asked. Bush seemed to be trying to keep up, but had to answer for what what he's done the last four years. Kerry had him on the ropes , and didn't pander, while getting his message across.

j79zlr said:
who, Dan Rather?
agrees with you j79

it's not possible in this short period of time for this debate to have an affect of any merit.

I was just amazed that they have already polled Women and undecided voters and have a conclusion already. That media, fair and balanced.

perris said:
it's not possible in this short period of time for this debate to have an affect of any merit.
Yeah I'll agree with that as you are correct with your 1st post. :)

they support this president because he's member of the same party that they are a member of...they couldn't support the record of performance of their candidate, and therefore, who did better in the debate doesn't matter one stitch to these people

while i agree with this in aprt i think a significant amount of republicans who in the past voted republican will at least think before they vote this year.

unfortuanlty for me i live in texas.. so my vote will have no sway at all. (not that the popular vote matters 'this really pisses me off still btw. ")

That media, fair and balanced.
( i relize this is sarcassm)

the media is worse than the canidates..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back