Preparing for terrorist attack -

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
UK style here ...

In fact this site has apparently attracted attention from the governement, see here in case the first link was dead

This was in the local paper yesterday. Quite funny to see how desperate the government are coming up with 'serious' reasons to get the site taken down.

Preparingforemergencies.co.uk said:
If people are seriously injured call 999 immediately, even though if it's a terrorist attack you probably won't be able to get through anyway.

I'm glad they put this important phrase in satire form--a lot of morons don't seem to understand how a network works (and can get overloaded). Ironically, hundreds, maybe thousands died because people outside New York called the city to see if their friends/loved ones were OK, shutting down networks to emergency services within the city.

UK government aint got a clue. They don't (or rarely check) everyone that enters the U.K. The don't know how many illegal immigrants we have. The (now you will love this one) allowed the Afghan plane hijackers to stay in the UK.

Deportation, we still have asylum seekers that have had 3 appeals (all paid by the tax payer) against deportation, they lost all 4, original and appeals. They are yet to be booted out.

We have extremist groups operating in the UK and they are allowed to say what they want on whatever they feel like.

I could be hear for weeks writing these things down, if they got rid of this human rights crap and shot the PC brigade then it's like this to me, would you allow just anyone to enter your house?

Mainframeguy said:
UK style here ...

In fact this site has apparently attracted attention from the governement, see here in case the first link was dead
Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Farsi, French, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Kurdish, Punjabi, Somali, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese.

You notice these languages also, we speak English here, they won't you have whole communities that can't speak a word of our language but expect us to take care of them and keep them safe.

It will happen. USA had it done to them. Spain to them, yes we are next.

We even have a blind bloke (Blunket) that is our home secretary, that's how bad it gets.

Was shown this at work today, hilarious stuff :)

Lee said:
.....I could be hear for weeks writing these things down, if they got rid of this human rights crap and shot the PC brigade then it's like this to me, would you allow just anyone to enter your house?...
...It will happen. USA had it done to them. Spain to them, yes we are next....

They is pretty much the biggest reason it happened here. Our wonderful "Melting Pot" of cultures is our biggest draw and may lead to our ultimate undoing. I don't have a problem with any race or religion, but you are absolutely correct about who you let in your house. We have to start examining our guests a little better...and giving them the heave-ho when they get out of hand. Just take a look at the headlines today...NYC, Newark and Washington all have elevated warnings. Time to do some house cleaning.

On a lighter note, I think the funniest part of the US version is..."If you've become a radiation mutant with a deformed hand, remember to close the window. No one wants to see that ****." Cracks me up every time I see it! :p

ThePatriot said:
They is pretty much the biggest reason it happened here. Our wonderful "Melting Pot" of cultures is our biggest draw and may lead to our ultimate undoing. I don't have a problem with any race or religion, but you are absolutely correct about who you let in your house. We have to start examining our guests a little better...and giving them the heave-ho when they get out of hand. Just take a look at the headlines today...NYC, Newark and Washington all have elevated warnings. Time to do some house cleaning.
I think the main reason we are having troubles now is the way and who we help else where around the world. Caught part of some show on last night talking about this issue kinda ... west wing or something might be the name .. I'm not sure as I don't watch it and had just left the TV on some random channel. :p

-edit- yep was west wing ... /me hugs google

Xie said:
I think the main reason we are having troubles now is the way and who we help else where around the world. Caught part of some show on last night talking about this issue kinda ... west wing or something might be the name .. I'm not sure as I don't watch it and had just left the TV on some random channel. :p

-edit- yep was west wing ... /me hugs google

A guy I work with keeps harping on me to watch The West Wing, but I guess I'm like you...I just leave it on and don't really pay much attention to it unless something catches my eye.

I don't agree with that theory, though. Although I agree that to a certain extent we have to be careful how we deal with interests abroad, we cannot let the fear of reprisal govern who we do and do not deal with.

A good example is the entire cold-war era. There was never a more dangerous time for the world...nuclear war was always just over the horizon. We did MANY, MANY questionable things(at the time) but it ultimately brought the Iron Curtain down. Says a lot for the US and British Govts and our allies worldwide. Never once did Mother Russia send a suicide bomber to our countries, neither did they hijack aircraft in the name of Communism. We must protect our allies and their interests abroad, adn at the same time get tougher on our own interests, because leaving them high and dry in a time of need will only come back to bite us in the rear end. And being passive on our own agenda due to so-called "political incorrectness" is the quickest path to the fall of our way of life.

One of my favorite quotes is by a British Gentleman who lived in the 1800's, and this particular quote will apply throughout the ages. It goes:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill ~ (1868)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back