Prefmonitoring and "clicking floppy drive"

S

seba79

When I start windows prefermence monitor (prefmon.msc) or statbar 3.405 ( www.statbar.nl ) my floppy drive ckliks and led flashing.
I try it on others computers with that same configured WinXPpro and there is no any clicking, how to check why my floppy drive clicks ? or how to turn off it ?

thx

soory for a poor english :(

I have no idea as to why your computer does it and others dont. However, when I was on Win98, I remember the computer used to just randomly check the floppy drive and it'd click with the led on - I dont know how I fixed it, but one day it just stopped.

It wont make any difference to the software's operation - but I realise you want to know why it does it on your computer and not on others.

Try looking through the programs' options/preferences to see if there is anything regarding the floppy drive and try changing the settings regarding the floppy drive to see if it stops it clicking.

edit: also, dont worry about your english - you have better english than I do polish (I cant speak a word of it as it happens lol) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back