Predator... the future counterstrike for players

J

jedi_doj

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-010302atomic.story

This got me thinkng about the future of warfare. If unmanned vehicles could be flown/moved via computer (a la counterstrike), what will the future hold?

Consider this: could computer games today be the training grounds of soldiers for future warfare?

I don't need to be fit or strong, just good at computers and video games. Heck, don't we just need to be "good" counterstrike [insert name of game] players?

just a thought... (thinking of the Virtial On story line.)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Was watching a program on one of the many uk channels (we have too many these days) about future weaponary.

Mission Planning on the field using lap tops and guns that are linked to the soldier via eye pieces - no more headshots ala enemy at the gates - all should be cool, but you gotta remember that if another war did break out, all it would take is some powermad general to fire a nuke off and the game is over ;)

My dad is in the army and I have seen so much classified stuff that I am a security risk :p

S

Shover Bot

I'd find it highly amusing if my hours spent playing AvP2 and Tribes 2 wound up landing me a better job than my hours spend studying Computer Science. :cool:

B

broly

nah
small arms militia is still the worst thing that could happen

imagine, everyone carrying handguns, even kids, and they have the license to shoot anyone, anytime!

it's much worse than a nuclear holocaust!

but i'd prefer counterstrike! yes!
as long as you can always respawn!
imagine... 2 billion terrorists VS 2 billion counter terrorists...
how long can that round last... i wonder...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut