pre-released ps3 video

Man consoles are so ****ing expensive now when you take into consideration everything you need to get the "best" experience.

That photo viewing app was damn cool.

P.S. The dude didn't mention that the controller is without DualShock now.

That video didnt serve the ps3 justice. It made it look bad.

Not bad, I wonder if the few they have shown are the only they have been able to finish to this point :p

lol probably, poor sony, this must be a nightmare for them.

Man consoles are so ****ing expensive now when you take into consideration everything you need to get the "best" experience.

That photo viewing app was damn cool.

P.S. The dude didn't mention that the controller is without DualShock now.

Compared to the price of a computer that can play the newest games at seamless framerates , no I dont think they are that expensive.

Right now you are going to spend:

$600 (PS3) + $2,100 (40 inch LCD) + $60 (Game) + $60 (Game) + $40 (Component HDAV Cable) = $2860

5 years ago it was:

$300 (PS2) + $50 (Game) + $50 (Game) = $400

Yeah consoles are still relatively "cheap" compared to playing games on a high-end PC, but that's still a 700% increase from 5 years ago!

Pfft 2100 for a 40 inch lcd.
where the heck u shopping?

Well the TV is a choice someone can make or not make , the games I saw for Xbox 360 are priced higher than the pc versions ... but again over all hell I mean I paid $640 for my video card alone. :dead:

well... with new consoles you're pretty much forced to buy an hdtv... i mean spend 660 $ on a ps3 plus one game to watch it at 640x480 doesnt make much sense...

and 640$ for a video card?.. mmm you could buy a 200$ card now (like the 7900gs) and it'll last you about 2 years... the you could buy a new 200$ one
that 640$ one of yours is not gonna last more than 3 and a half years no matter what
and you can do a lot more with gaming pc's that just gaming... htpc, author videos

You can always buy a $200 video card but you can always buy a $600 as well and thats the way it always has been , either you want whats new when its new or you want to wait till it is not so hot, me I like to buy my cards while they are hot...not 2 years after release.

yeah.... the cheaper PS3 has HDMI now too..... but it's lacking WiFi

PS3 doesn't really thrill me at all. especially not for it's insane price point. yeah.... their controller has last-minute motion sensing. the Wii does too.... for at least $200 cheaper. Wii might not have that great of graphics.... but with the 360 out and about, PS3's graphics don't seem to back up it's price to me. i find it kinda funny how the guy was impressed with the F1 game where it showed a bit of dirt on your tire if you hit the grass. i'm fairly certain some games.... possibly even on the N64, had something along those lines. maybe not as detailed, but still had it. Wii's games seem more thrilling to me. i've always been a fan of games that Nintendo put out, and now they're backed by several other killer developers.... Ubisoft being one of them (Red Steel WOOOOOO!!).

And.... i recently read something where an interview took place with developers that are working on both the 360 and PS3 (don't remember what developers), and if i remember correctly, they said that even though everybody it hyping up the specs making the system seem like it'll cream anything that's gonna be on the market, it's actually not really that much more powerful than the 360.

Last edited:
Pfft,
the 7900gs is a poo poo card.
You need to find a sick card like mine (7900gt KO SuperClocked) at 340 a pop, and keep it for a year or two, then bump up to say, idk teh 7950gx2?

And.... i recently read something where an interview took place with developers that are working on both the 360 and PS3 (don't remember what developers), and if i remember correctly, they said that even though everybody it hyping up the specs making the system seem like it'll cream anything that's gonna be on the market, it's actually not really that much more powerful than the 360.

Not to mention that most develop the games for the 360 then port over to the PS3...so the games end up looking identical.

yeah.... the cheaper PS3 has HDMI now too..... but it's lacking WiFi

PS3 doesn't really thrill me at all. especially not for it's insane price point. yeah.... their controller has last-minute motion sensing. the Wii does too.... for at least $200 cheaper. Wii might not have that great of graphics.... but with the 360 out and about, PS3's graphics don't seem to back up it's price to me. i find it kinda funny how the guy was impressed with the F1 game where it showed a bit of dirt on your tire if you hit the grass. i'm fairly certain some games.... possibly even on the N64, had something along those lines. maybe not as detailed, but still had it. Wii's games seem more thrilling to me. i've always been a fan of games that Nintendo put out, and now they're backed by several other killer developers.... Ubisoft being one of them (Red Steel WOOOOOO!!).

Wii FTW, that's all I'm purchasing for this generation

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back