pre-released ps3 video

I heard that the wii isnt this generation though.
I heard it is only as good as the ps2 and xbox.

The GC had better graphics than the PS2 and was the only one of the three that did dolby pro logic .... I think your wrong about the Wii and its specs go back and find the specs and take a proper look. Does anyone remember the xbox numbers matched side by side with a ps2's numbers , and when you sat down side by side and played them they were the same, I still find the GC graphics better overall then the ps2 ... I think all this hype about hardware is where the propblem lies, when the Wii hits the shelves at 1/2 the price of the others your going to have to stand in line to get one right through Xmas , Wii will out sell both the 360 and PS3 by a long run.

ps: The hard drive its a no brainer you plug it in through the USB ports , easy huh ...

Last edited:
exactly. everyone thinks "specs specs specs". specs mean squat. it's what the developers can do that makes it great. you come up with something completely new and revolutionary and try to get the greatest graphics in history, you're gonna have developers thinking "how the f*ck am i supposed to work with this?". probably the main reason some developers HAVE turned away from the PS3 in favor of Wii or 360.

can't say Wii isn't this generation when it's coming out this generation. it's a brand new system, supposedly a bit more powerful than the GC was (which the GC was pretty damn powerful... just not taken advantage of all in one shot). saw a side-by-side comparison with different aspects of different games on Xbox and GC, and in most instances, the GC was able to render different parts of scenery better than the Xbox. if i remembered where i found that link, i'd post it, but that was quite some time ago.

Nintendo doesn't even consider it being in the console race anymore, since it's console is completely new and revolutionary. yes yes, PS3 has motion sensing, but for how last minute it was, and just the way the controller is, it's unlikely it will be used for anything other than flight and driving games. i'd feel retarded holding the SixAxis up in the air to aim. least the Wii controller would kinda FEEL like a gun (which by the way they're supposedly going to be having a little gun-shaped Wii remote holder with a trigger that actually presses the Z button, and already can pre-order a steering wheel shaped holder for it for racing games).

Does anyone remember the xbox numbers matched side by side with a ps2's numbers , and when you sat down side by side and played them they were the same, I still find the GC graphics better overall then the ps2 ... I think all this hype about hardware is where the propblem lies, when the Wii hits the shelves at 1/2 the price of the others your going to have to stand in line to get one right through Xmas , Wii will out sell both the 360 and PS3 by a long run.

ps: The hard drive its a no brainer you plug it in through the USB ports , easy huh ...

Actually you are probably thinking of numbers between the Gamecube and Xbox.

PS2 had no comparison specs wise to the other two. Look at versions of games like Splinter Cell on the Xbox and Gamecube and then look at the PS2 versions. There is a large difference.

Also, specs wise Wii is last generation. Look at a screenshot of Splinter Cell Double Agent on the 360. Then look at one on the Wii. Even Nintendo has admitted that they don't care much about the graphics race, because they are banking on the Wii-mote and other innovations to set them apart from the 360 and the PS3.

Of course, graphics don't determine how good a game is (but they do help a lot), and specs don't determine how well a system will sell. Look at the amazing success of the PS2.

Yes thats the whole deal as ED said , the GC was and is a very good console, I am sure the PS3 will be a narley console with some great games, but the cost of the Wii is just what the Doctor ordered and that alone is going to be a huge factor ..plus the fact the PS3 just wont have the numbers of stock needed they are saying that they should reach 1 million by end if March 2008 , where Nin is saying they will have 2 million units ready for launch!! As for the PS3 we will wait well into the next year before buying maybe the prices will drop some by then.

If the unit won't hit a million in production, until march 2008, the price will never fall, and might be artificially pumped up. Unless, Sony decides to slash prices wholesale to generate cash. Could Sony be that hurting?

Don't expect any price drops, unless they do it to revive a flagging unit.

Grandmaster: to be 100% honest..... those screenshots of Splinter Cell on 360.... to me they just seem to be a lot more shiny and slightly blurred to give it the appearance of better looking models. kinda like this one:

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=75&p=&g=&tr=&mt=0&cId=3140443

i'd almost go as far as to say that they seem to be pre-rendered. i know Splinter Cell usually has some weird camera angles.... but some of those seem to be so weird they wouldn't be useful in any way.

Shamus: you're correct. PS3's not supposed to have a very large stock at all for quite some time.... and last i heard Nintendo expects to have around 4,000,000 Wii consoles in the US alone by the end of the year. And with the prices.... i'm fairly certain that when the time rolls around to decide which console to buy.... i'll be the vast majority of people decide they'd rather go with a Wii and 360 than a PS3 or a PS3 and another console. The price is just WAY too high for most people to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back