Powertoys... again

S

sSs

Hi lads and ladies,

I am an olde member from the days this site was known as www.xp-erience.org

Now in those olde days, there used to be a "Powertoys" download in the appropriate section that included all those little nifty tools available at the M$ website and some more, like a background switcher, etc.

It has dissappeared!

So I was wondering if the siteOP(s) would like to see it reappear in that section since M$ seems not to make available some of teh powertoys anymore...

email me to talk about it!

sSs

Hi all,
I have created a complete collection of the Microsoft Powertoys for Windows XP, which I created from scratch. Here are the latest versions of all the official Powertoys, as well as the cancelled Powertoys all in one collective file like the originals were.

I created this file because I hated installing each Powertoy separately, this file is just over 1MB, M$'s separate install files are more than 5MB, plus it has all the cancelled Powertoys which I like.

Included Official Powertoys are:-
---------------------------------
Alt-Tab Replacement
CD Slide Show Generator
HTML Slide Show Wizard
Image Resizer
Open Command Window Here
Power Calculator
Taskbar Magnifier
Tweak UI
Virtual Desktop Manager
Webcam Timershot

Included Cancelled Powertoys are:-
----------------------------------
Background Switcher
Internet Explorer Find
ISO Image Burner
Shell Audio Player
Super-Fast User Switcher

If you want the file let me know.

Arc.angel@ntlworld.com

I want the Powertoys (TweakUI) that has Fast User Switch using winkey Q, anyone have it? Know where I can get it?

The first Powertoy set is still available from
http://www.chip.de/downloads_updates/downloads_updates_8607673.html
Btw the Superfast User Switcher powertoy never worked very well for me.

The site is in German. Go to "Low speed download", on the next page click "Weiter zum Download von Powertoys for Win XP ", then finally on the third page "CHIP-Online-Download-Server". Direct link didn't work.

Do you know if they work in the spanish version too?
If not, do you know any link for the spanish version?

There are no language versions of Powertoys. They are always in English. Since they work in my German version they should work in your Spanish version, too. :)

I asked that cause in M$ page there is an advice saying they only will work with the english version :(

Don't know why MS says that. Actually never noticed this statement before. I have most of the Powertoys installed, from the actual set, some of the first set, even one of the Win 95 Powertoys. All work without problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back