PowerQuest DriveImage 2002

B

bullelk

Hi,

I use DriveImage to restore my computer's disk etc.. when I do something stupid and can't even BOOT.

Can I use a disk image to restore the image if I change out the Motherboard from a Soyo Dragon Plus (KT266A) to a Soyo Dragon KT333 Ultra?

Will the difference in motherboards make the computer lock up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Well. I would think that u could use DriveImage to restore ur system after u change motherboard. I also think the difference in the motherboards shouldn't cause ur system to lock up. I hope this helps u

No, you confused me.

First you said I could restore the computer after changing out the boards and then you say it would cause the computer to lock up.

Sorry, I need someone who can tell me if this will work or not.

It should, just dont plug the hard drive into the IDE3/4. The Dragon Plus as a Promise RAID Controller and the Dragon Ultra has a HighPoint RAID controllner. If you plug the drives into the IDE1/2 normal channels it should work fine (heck, i went from a 533MHz Compaq to a Dragon Plus without a reinstall).

JJB

Thanks JJB,

I will try it out tonight and let everyone know how everything worked out.

When I upgrade, I generally try to use a MB with the same manufacturer and chip set. If you do that you should have very little trouble. If you upgrade and the board needs different drivers/patches than are on your image, you may have a few more problems, but I would think nothing that can not be fixed by loading what is needed. Except your old stuff will be there and there may be conflicts.

To make a generic statement that all will be fine or that you will not lock up is not possible. depends on what you do and upgrade to. Bottom line, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Good luck

I agree that you should be okay to make and image and then swap out the mainboard. However you should update the mainboard drivers and any applicable BIOS updates once it's installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back