PowerPoint .pps files

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Hello

I need to send a PowerPoint Presentation overseas, and I don't want the recipients to be able to grab the images and text from the slides. If I save a PowerPoint presentation in .pps format, is the file secure enough for that, ie: will it be similar to a .pdf file with "view" only rights?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance. , EJ :blink:

Just an idea, you could set the attributes of the file to "Read-Only"... this might do it. I'll look around for some more info and get back to ya if I find something.

But anyone can change the read-only file back to the original state.

Thanks for the tip, though. If you fins anything else, please let me know.

Cheers, EJ :blink:

Originally posted by muzikool
Just an idea, you could set the attributes of the file to "Read-Only"... this might do it. I'll look around for some more info and get back to ya if I find something.

I did think about that someone else could change the read-only, but they would have to figure that out first, right? :confused: I did some looking around though, and couldn't find anything else other than password-protecting your presentations. So I don't have any idea, sorry. Good luck to ya on this one. :)

Originally posted by Deeptrance
Here's something I found. This basically says that PP doesnt have any protecting schemes.

Actually, PP2002 does, now. Under tools, options, security, you can set a password for read only access. This does, in fact, work very well, especially if you then save the file as a pps show. HOWEVER, the people looking at it need to have office xp (PP2002) as well, which I cannot guarantee they have.

Soooooooo, it is useless to me and I need to convert everything to pdf files. The client is not too happy, but I don't want to give them the original files (IP and everything...).

Thanks for everyones help, though.

EJ :blink:

To accomplish this, simply enable security. You can do this by going to Tools, Options, Security. Leave the "Read Only" blank and put a password on the document to modify it.

You might try turning your document into a PDF with Acrobat Writer. The document can't be modified after that. We use that as a corporate standard for sending out docs that we do not want to be changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back