PowerDirector Install problem

S

sshenriksen

When I install the program I get this Error:

Error registering the OCX C:\WINDOWS\System32\l3codeca.acm

It still finishes. Then when I start the program it works, until I begin using it. Then I get this error:

An error occured in PowerDirector.exe and the program is shut down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens every time. Is there a way to fix this.
I got the program from a computermagazine, full version. and I would really like to use this.

Sune

It seems that the system32 is locked so nothing can be written to it, but is there a way to open that manually?

You could download the trial from cyberlink run it to see if you get the same error then reload your full version.

I have the full version which is 2.5 it will NOT work if you have Media Player Series 9 installed it will work with SP1.

Good luck

It is the same problem with the trial version. I don't think I have Windows Media 9 yet. What comes with Win XP Pro?

SP1 will only load WMP8.0 so it sems you may have some codecs missing from your set up, you can find the default codecs on the MS download site - search MS for "codecs"

I downloaded all the codecs from microsoft, but it still occured. I have written Cyberlink, but they havent replied to me so I am hoping some of you could help me.

Sune

i have power director installed without problems

goto the run box and type

Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm

if you get an error then goto the file and select properties and uncheck the read only access

try again

if it does not work

i suggest trying to download the radium mp3 encoder and try to install power director again

you should also install winamp

if you have other mpeg software such as ulead, m2-edit pro, and tmpenc
you should uninstall them all then try to install power director again

there is a patch at cyberlink but it only fixes minor problems after the xp install

egghead

Ok. I tried to no avail. I finally found the file , but I am not alloved to write what you suggested Egghead. :( I can't figure out how to change the properties so that it will allow me to run that command.

Please help me further and bear with me.:confused:

Sune

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back