• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Power Toys forxp

L

luckybw

when attempting to install power toys for xp i get an error code--1920.service interactive logon failed to start,verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services. then i am asked to retry or cancel installation: any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
sounds like your installing without administer priveledges, switch to the administrator, or give the account your in thos priveledges

L

luckybw

i'am the only administrator on this system.I have disabled the switch user feature,and other login options

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
try the download as "the administrator", and not as an account with administrationpriveledges ...by the way, I noticed you have xp home...you can only be the administrator in safe mode in x[p home

L

luckybw

learn something new everyday!!! before xp was installed used delete key to get to safe mode on compaq doesnt work now tried f3 and f10 they dont work,f3 still works on aptiva but cant find the right key for the compaq

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
one more thing...just because you are the only account does not mean you gave the account priveledges, so just make sure by going to accounts and looking to see if the account actually has priveledges

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies