Power Toys forxp

L

luckybw

when attempting to install power toys for xp i get an error code--1920.service interactive logon failed to start,verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services. then i am asked to retry or cancel installation: any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
sounds like your installing without administer priveledges, switch to the administrator, or give the account your in thos priveledges

L

luckybw

i'am the only administrator on this system.I have disabled the switch user feature,and other login options

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
try the download as "the administrator", and not as an account with administrationpriveledges ...by the way, I noticed you have xp home...you can only be the administrator in safe mode in x[p home

L

luckybw

learn something new everyday!!! before xp was installed used delete key to get to safe mode on compaq doesnt work now tried f3 and f10 they dont work,f3 still works on aptiva but cant find the right key for the compaq

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
one more thing...just because you are the only account does not mean you gave the account priveledges, so just make sure by going to accounts and looking to see if the account actually has priveledges

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plesuvius