Power Supply

S

silky62678

What is a good namebrand 400 to 500 watts power supply ?

I got a Thermaltake 420watt power supply for $55, installed it a couple of days ago and it performs flawlessly has both an intake and outtake fan plus its silent. Its nice. I got the PS unit from harddrive.com if you want to take a peek. My 2 cents.

antec and enermax are two popular favorites. there are some others that won't dissappoint, but they aren't coming to me right now. that thermaltake is a good bet, too.

Originally posted by Cosmin
as always my recommandation comes with a pic' :

• ANTEC
true i have this exact one the true blue with blue leds in the fans and it has not let me down with like an uptime of one month non stop! I LOVE U ANTEC:happy:

I like Sparkle PSUs cuz they are great quality, and not a bad price, they are a great value

just to piggyback this post:

what size power supply would you need if you only wanted to run.. lets say

80-120gig hdd
AMD 2100-2400+
512 PC2100-2700
CDRW
DVD
Floppy
Turtle Beach 5.1
& GF4 Ti4800

350-400watt range? or what would be a good medium?

I plan on building....
2 HDD, 40g, and a 100g
1 CDRW, 1 DVD-RW
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
XP 2500, system
I would like around a 400-500w PSU

oh yeah, 512 DDR Ram.. 2x 256 sticks
Im hoping Ati 9700 (hoping), if not, 9500

Just had to change my PSU today. Goes to show you get what you pay for. I really feeling one of those Antec units.

Later on this year Im going to build me a new beast. Make the new Alienware shake with fear:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back