Power supply troubles...

T

TrIpWiRe31337

hey guys, I had a question about my power supply. ok, I have a self-constructed computer, all parts picked by me from my local Frys warehouse.

specs:
Antec Mid Tower Case (w\ 300w power supply)
Acer 20x10x40
Samsung 8x DVD
inside:
Athlon T-Bird 1.33ghz
256 pc133 ram
Nvidia Geforce 2 mx400 64 meg vram
10/100 ethernet card
60gb Ultra/ATA100 HDD
30gb Ultra/ATA66 HDD
2 case fans, 1 mobo fan, 1 cpu fan, one video fan

I was wondering if you guys think I should upgrade to a 350, or a 400w. It seems that my system, mainly CD Drives, are not functioning at peak performance, kinda sluggish. Also, I am having trouble shutting down my computer, it starts to shut down, and than just restarts, and every 4 seconds, it restarts the computer, its quiet odd. Could this be a power supply problem? Thanks for the help.

The power supply should b ok - i know that it is very rare that a modern pc uses the full capacity of a 300w PSU. PC manufacturers use higher rated PSUz because it is the cheapest way of maintaining output voltage regulation at high end loads (about 200W normally).

As for shutdown, most PSUz are shutdown by a signal from the motherboard so its probably a bios setting or something in the setup of windows.

PSU = power supply unit

hope this helps!

You need to check the combimed 3.3v & 5v ratings...
For 1.33g AMD it's just marginal once you add Harddrives, fans and cdroms...

A 300w power supply is enough,,, But you know what they say about power...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back