Power supply problem HELP FAST!!!

i am almost positive, there is only one way for the heatsink to go on, i have the zalman heatsink and fan, and its screwed in right, so i dont know how i could screw that up, and i used arctic silver 5. Is there a way to screw that up? Others have told me to check that, but i dont know how to really, since i dont know how else to put the heatsink on.

American Zombie said:
This sounds like maybe the heat sensor for the CPU turning off the system.

Are you sure you had the heatsink on the right way?

oh yeah is this an oem or retail boxed processor? thats a good point.

But being there is only one way to put the heatsink on i doubt its incorrectly installed.

Murlo26 said:
i am almost positive, there is only one way for the heatsink to go on, i have the zalman heatsink and fan, and its screwed in right, so i dont know how i could screw that up, and i used arctic silver 5. Is there a way to screw that up? Others have told me to check that, but i dont know how to really, since i dont know how else to put the heatsink on.

and yeah .. i think it would take more than 2 seconds for it to overheat. Just be patient and try out the new PS.

And let us know what it comes up with.

alright will do, and yes its oem. ANd its not even on for 2 seconds its very brief.

well the new power supply did not help the problem..................however i did solve the problem, when put the zalman fan on, my friend who was helping me(suppossed to be the computer guy, but everyone makes mistakes) did not inform that there was suppossed to be cardboard washers inbetween the mounts and the motherboard. This was shorting it, and thats why it was shutting off, but i am up and running and the comp is working great, thanks to all who lended support.

Murlo26 said:
well the new power supply did not help the problem..................however i did solve the problem, when put the zalman fan on, my friend who was helping me(suppossed to be the computer guy, but everyone makes mistakes) did not inform that there was suppossed to be cardboard washers inbetween the mounts and the motherboard. This was shorting it, and thats why it was shutting off, but i am up and running and the comp is working great, thanks to all who lended support.

HAHA RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!

Murlo26 said:
when put the zalman fan on, my friend who was helping me(suppossed to be the computer guy, but everyone makes mistakes) did not inform that there was suppossed to be cardboard washers inbetween the mounts and the motherboard.

hehehe... I got to add one thing... Obviously SOMEONE *COUGH, COUGH* :rolleyes: didnt read the manual... they tell you where and how to install your isolators... and cardboard isnt the best thing to be using... Unless that is what they supplied... there should have been hard plastic washers for that...

I was being helped by a person that builds computers for a side job, and i asked him what the cardboard cutouts(supplied by zalman) were for and he said they were for the old AMD processors, so i didnt think anything of it. And the comp is working great, been playing doom 3 on it, and its running great.

ouch - those :dead:shorts:dead: haven't damaged your board - those damages might not show up for some time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back