Power supply calculator

I love it. It is actually the most accurate I've come across, but in their own words, useless. From their page:

attention.gif

The recommended total Power Supply Wattage gives you a general idea on what to look for BUT it is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection! Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important, followed by the +5V amperage and then the +3.3V amperage. Example: PSU you want to buy has 400W total wattage output but only has 16A on +12V rail. But your configuration might require 20A on +12V rail.

So when will someone come up with a power supply amperage calculator?

video cards are the ones that have high aperage requirements, and it says how much on the box (and on the manufacturer's site)... why would you need a calculator for that?

i think that warning is there so no one calcs their wattage and then ruins their system by buying one of those crappy psu that advertise high watts but have low real power

My +12v rails are 20A, so I'm happy! Amperage...all up to the PSU manufacturer, sadly :hurt:

I have a 350 watt PSU that runs 6 hard drives and a cd-rom drive, as well a GeForce FX5200. My 12v rails has 25 amps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back