Power Supplies

acetken

"Anything for $50!"
Okay, I had another problem from before with my graphics card. Could it be caused by my power supply not giving enough juice to my system? It's on 115 right now, but I can switch to I think 225. Will it harm my comp or what?

What kind of problem? What kind of video card? You're on a 115 watt system?? I would go with at least a 300 watt power supply. My new system I'm building has a 460 watt.

They recommend the lowest being a 300 watt for geforce 3.
It shouldn't harm your system.

NOOOOO!!!! DON'T TOUCH THAT SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the voltage regulation switch. It is indicating the line voltage. Set it to 115 for use with North American 120V AC Circuits. Only switch it to 230 when attching to 220v AC Circuits (used on older European circuits).

Changing that setting and plugging it into the wrong type of outlet will immediately fry your computer. Leave it at 115v

It will not affect how much power it gives. There should be a label on power supply. Open the computer and look at the label to find out your wattage.

JJB6486

Originally posted by JJB6486
NOOOOO!!!! DON'T TOUCH THAT SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the voltage regulation switch. It is indicating the line voltage. Set it to 115 for use with United States 120V AC Circuits. Only switch it to 230 when attching to 220v AC Circuits (used on older European circuits).

Changing that setting and plugging it into the wrong type of outlet will immediately fry your computer. Leave it at 115v

It will not affect how much power it gives. There should be a label on power supply. Open the computer and look at the label to find out your wattage.

JJB6486

glad you caught that.

Holy crap, thanks man! I'll check and see what the wattage is on the power supply in the case. I'm running a GeForce 2 Ti, not a 3.

Originally posted by JJB6486
Only switch it to 230 when attching to 220v AC Circuits (used on older European circuits).

JJB6486

Ruddy cheek, he's call ing us antiquated ;)

Give me 220/240 over 115 anyday!. How often do we suffer from brown outs in this country?? not often if ever!

Brown outs.

Hey Sarge,
I had a brown out yesterday.
The toaster broke down!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back