Power question

R

Resonance

This really isn't XP related, but I need help.

I am getting these power ratings for my system:
core 1.82
+3.3v: 3.24
+5v: 3.19
+12v:15.54

I am concerned about the +5 and +12 rails. I am using a pretty new power supply. Are these acceptable, or is my power supply crashing?

Argh!!!

I have a power tester, not an atx power test, just a regular voltmeter.

Where do I test the power supply to check the different rails?

With the board powered up, you can test through the top of the ATX connector. Just park your negative on a black wire, and run round the others and see what you get. A analogue meter is better in case it's fluctuating because digital meters dont pick this up very well.

Sounds like time for a new power supply... The 12 is too high and the 3.3 is just plain,,, Well,,, bad...

Make sure the molex connector on the motherboard is tight and try it again... You may want to check the connectors and make sure its not damaged before you go buying...

Thanks guys for the tips. But I beleive it to be the motherboard, if that is possible....

I bought a new power supply, got the same readings. I had the old board, same make and model ( the one I had now is a replacement, and I have not sent back the old one...) and got the same reading. Put the old power supply in the new (old) board and got the same reading. Pulled an old 250w power supply off an old computer and got the same reading. Yes, the volts did change slightly, but were basically the same through all tests.

So I am leaning towards motherboard (s). Why GW would ruin a great MSI board is beyond me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back