Power of Together - Free Vista / Office 2007

mostly because we signed up before the supplies ran out

if you read the terms of the promotion (As well as a previous post of mine) the supplies were limited.

Also, if you read the thread or read through the site, you shoudl be able to read that if you had registered for a gift before the supplies ran out, you woudl still recieve it as long as you watched all the webcasts.

I'd love to know how people are completing this. Either following the link MS mailed me or visiting the site to view the Vista webcasts I get error messages and it won't work. I've tried randomly at all times of day or night to no avail. If I try to view stuff for Office 2007 it's fine.

Joy.

rotjong

the only thing i had trouble with was registering.... which took maybe 4-5 tries. from then on it didn't really give me any problems at all.

I had a lot of problems both in registering and in viewing the webcasts. Lots of server errors and time outs.. in particular, the vista webcasts seem to have a lot of problems for me.

I eventually used the link to download for offline viewing. These will count also as "completed" (well, pending first, then later they switched to completed).

Even when downloading the webcasts .wmv files, I had to try a couple times for some of the webcasts.

I had a lot of problems both in registering and in viewing the webcasts. Lots of server errors and time outs.. in particular, the vista webcasts seem to have a lot of problems for me.

I eventually used the link to download for offline viewing. These will count also as "completed" (well, pending first, then later they switched to completed).

Even when downloading the webcasts .wmv files, I had to try a couple times for some of the webcasts.

I finally was able to view my first Vista webcast. Hm, make that my 2nd... somehow I already completed one? I'm not going to argue that one. I guess the server has just been totally overloaded. Of course it errored somewhere right near the end of a 53 minute webcast and I had to go back and view from where it died to the end. It's now pending.

Thanks for the info on the fact that downloading also counts. I'll def do that method for my next 2 webcasts.

rotjong

Last edited:
I'm curious if I will actually get a copy of Vista. For some reason it feels like it was to easy. When I clicked on view video it would load the page then not end up doing anything.. so I never actually had to watch anything, but the "my stuff" page would say that I watched it.... I guess I will find out if it actually worked or not.

Plus, it seems to good to be true. Watch three hours of video that you aren't quizzed on or anything and get a $300 product. Hmm...

finally says completed for my copy of Office 2007. I don't remember but when was or is the RTM for this?

I'm curious if I will actually get a copy of Vista. For some reason it feels like it was to easy. When I clicked on view video it would load the page then not end up doing anything.. so I never actually had to watch anything, but the "my stuff" page would say that I watched it.... I guess I will find out if it actually worked or not.

Plus, it seems to good to be true. Watch three hours of video that you aren't quizzed on or anything and get a $300 product. Hmm...

I've done similiar webcast for product launchs for a full copy of Visual Stuido and recieved that for free a year or two ago..

I've done similiar webcast for product launchs for a full copy of Visual Stuido and recieved that for free a year or two ago..

Oh really? Ok, well that makes me feel more comfortable then. I wasn't really losing any sleep over the possibility of not getting something for free, but its nice to know that its legit. :)

the only thing that makes me nervous is I haven't received a confirmation email or anything. But all my info on the website is accurate.

You guys sound like a bunch of cryers.. this has been all over the tech news sites. It has been explained several times before that it is very much so legit, and all you must pay is the tax on it since it is more than $600.

You guys sound like a bunch of cryers.. this has been all over the tech news sites. It has been explained several times before that it is very much so legit, and all you must pay is the tax on it since it is more than $600.

Umm, I'm pretty sure none of us are whining. We are simply voicing a concern over the fact that it was far to easy as well that its sold out, and we dont know for sure that its going to first registers or the people that completed the videos first. I realize this has been all over the net, Neowin confirmed that it was legit via correspondence with Microsoft.

I got a confirmation from Microsoft so I am not concerned with it being legit or not.

My issue with the deal is the fact that their "support" and resources seems to be lacking in a serious way. Think about it... if you are going to give away Vista Business and Office 2007 you would think they'd damn well make sure they had the bandwidth and servers that could handle it. Do they? The answer is a flat NO. That, for me, is the problem. And, if I remember right the webcasts had to be viewed by a certain date. So, if the servers can't handle the load and someone isn't able to view their required webcasts by said date... do they get totally shafted even though they had applied correctly?

I think there are more than enough issues for people to ponder beyond the "legit" factor here.

rotjong

and.... well.... it DOES have microsoft logo's all over the place....

the only thing that makes me nervous is I haven't received a confirmation email or anything. But all my info on the website is accurate.

^^^^ Cryers. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back