Power of Together - Free Vista / Office 2007

Aprox: as long as you signed up and registered to recieve Vista as a free gift after selecting 3 or more of the webcasts you should be able to get one. from what i gather it went by how many signed up, not by whoever completed it first. it says i should be getting my copy, and that just showed up this morning. Sadly Office 2007 is no longer available..... unless i can still do those too.... but i doubt that.

Well if thats true, then I will be very happy. Every time I have found the time to get on the site and try to watch the three videos I chose, it either timed out or loaded so slow I got frustrated and closed it (5min to load a page). When I get home from work this evening I will give it a try, hopefully it works better this time. :suprised:

So this is no longer available?

It appears not. I was signing up last night and had an issue and had to abort and do it again. In the meantime - a couple seconds - the offer was closed so I got screwed.

Ah well.

rotjong

Anyone see the Connect Vista keys are available. I'm curious if I need to choose the last entry for RTM Vista 6000.16386

well I signed up for the office 2007, but I haven't got my views done. I'm hoping that it's not first view first served basis cause I registered prior to it being sold out.

also the one view I have says pending even though I watched the whole dang thing.

Yeah same here Tuffgong, I just got home and I still cant view the videos. It starts to load the page then a "cannot be displayed" page comes up. I guess I will keep trying this weekend.

it takes a little bit for it to say it's completed. in my case it wasn't till the following afternoon (mostly cause i didn't start watching them till 10PM)

and as far as i know, it's not a first-viewed, first served kinda deal. might have been though..... i dunno. appears that it would be on a registration basis, seeing as when you register with at least 3 webcasts, it asked if you wanted the free gift, or if you just wanted to learn about vista.

right...now I've got a "in progress" thing showing so I'll wait that out and watch my last one.

Hmmm... so, I said before I got screwed because I had to abort the whole registration process [so it never was completed the first attempt] and then they had the sign-up closed so I couldn't sign up again. Now I got an email [from Microsoft] and it appears to tell me if I watch my 3 webcasts I will get Vista Business and Office Pro 2007.

Um. Alright. This seems a little weird but ok. Too bad I can't view any of the webcasts though... Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage. It's pointing to a microsoft domain website!

I'm not sure which pisses me off more... going through this crap to get it this way or just shelling out the cash when it goes on sale. I almost think paying for it would just be easier and less irritating. Sad.

rotjong

It's working fine for me now...

Well I just finished watching all of the webcasts and It says I will receive my copy of Vista.

Congratulations! You’ve completed the number of Webcasts required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Windows Vista. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts to further your skills?

Does anyone know if I will be able to upgrade to Vista Ultimate from business, and how much it might cost?

hmm..... didn't microsoft say there would be an easy way to upgrade between each version of Windows since every version is basically packed onto one disc or somethin? or am i thinking of strictly the beta builds? if it was for the final version too, i think you just pay the difference between the version you have and the version you want, and you recieve a new key for it.... probably also invalidating the key that came with your original version.

the only question that I have.... is if that whole thing means that we can expect to recieve it 6-8 weeks from NOW.... or 6-8 weeks from January 30th, when it's officially released to the public....

It said 6-8 after it is released to manufacturing.. which would be now..

oh.... and i'm SOOOOO hoping they come to us in the official retail box. those cases look freakin neat. the disc holder actually flips out to the side.... kinda like a lot of the 50-60+ CD/DVD holders do...

hmm.... 6-8 weeks. if it's the latter of the two we won't see it till..... mid-january?

Yeah the cases are cool.
Saw them at the expo for cases (no joke)

Am i stupid?
It says sold it for me.....

Yeah i was intrigued by that as well.
Then i read the No more gifts paragraph...

I completed the offer and Vista should be shipping soon =D. Didn't feel like getting Office because school gives me that already :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back