Power of Together - Free Vista / Office 2007

Thanks Net! I'm looking over the net for tweak guides at the moment, I just feel that it uses a tad to much ram when just sitting on my desktop. I will take a look at that list too, thanks again.

Fitz: when you said "cardboard sleeve", i thought you meant like the usual paper CD sleeves, cept a bit thicker. those sleeves aren't that bad. you should see the huge sleeving pack i got with the Office 2003 beta 2 kit. THAT.. was a lot of sleeving. if you want i could take pics of that to show you, unless you've already seen it before or have it.
LOL.. would it have been better for me to say "official looking cardboard sleeve"? :) And no.. i know what the office 2003 beta kit looks like.. as well as my shipments of Microsoft Select disk shipments.

Well she's up and running now! woo, this is my first experience with vista. I have to say I dig it so far. :)

I played with some of the Beta's for a while.. when I got home last night, I didn't get a chance to snap some pics or even pull out my laptop to install the copy I got. Won't have time tonight either.. it may have to wait until the weekend for me to get a chance to install my copy of Vista.

yeah.... when i got the Office 2003 kit.... i was kinda surprised to get a packet of 12 CD's. was like "Wow.... can't believe MS went through all that effort..."

and no Vista Business for me today. oh well..... maybe tomorrow.... maybe Saturday..... who knows.

yeah.... when i got the Office 2003 kit.... i was kinda surprised to get a packet of 12 CD's. was like "Wow.... can't believe MS went through all that effort..."

I remember that kit. This year it all came on four discs. What a difference.

yep. Office 2003 was practically before the time of DVD's being a "software standard". now you can hardly find a game that doesn't come on DVD, be it collectors edition or only available on DVD. Oddly enough WoW: Burning Crusade came on 4CD's.... bumping the grand total to install everything WoW up to 8 CD's (or 2 DVD's if you choose.... or chose to make your own DVD installer for them)

Just got my copy today. was kinda confused at first cause on the little shipping label that came inside the envelope, it says in the description "Vista Eval". they did say it was a free, fully licensed copy though.... so who cares, right?

edit: ...... "This disc contains 32-bit software only."............. wtf microsoft..... wtf.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the Office 2007 shipments haven't started yet because all over the net I only see the vista business shipments happening.

hey i have signed up for this and am waiting on my copy. at the bottom of the "your stuff" page on the website it says

"Congratulations! You’ve completed the number of Webcasts required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Windows Vista. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts to further your skills? "

does this mean that I get the disc because I have not recieved it yet.......

I have heard that if you want the x64 version you need to ask for a disc, then MS will ship one out for you. Check around their site or something, I doubt they hide it. I guess they figured that most people will only use the 32bit version so they saved some money by not including the second DVD. Also, I think the retail version of Ultimate comes with both DVD's.

I have heard that if you want the x64 version you need to ask for a disc, then MS will ship one out for you. Check around their site or something, I doubt they hide it. I guess they figured that most people will only use the 32bit version so they saved some money by not including the second DVD. Also, I think the retail version of Ultimate comes with both DVD's.
Yeah, that's exactly how it works. Ultimate is the only version that comes with both x86 and x64 media. For the rest, the key is still valid for both versions, but you need to request x64 media.

I got my Office 07 key today in the mail. No disk but a site to download it from along with a key to activate it.

Does Vista Business have Windows Movie Maker?

I have heard conflicting reports that it has been dropped (XP Pro has Movie Maker) or that it is still there, but doesn't have HD functionality. I have my Power of Together disc waiting to be installed, but I also don't have a backup video editor right now and am going to hold off if Movie Maker isn't included in business.

Thanks.

I've no idea if mine has come in or not...I need to take a road trip to see, heh heh. I'm actually curious if it'll run smoothly on the laptop in my sig (Pyrokinetic)...Full Aero Glass I don't think will run, just cuz of Intel and not releasing the WDM drivers, but other than that, it should be fine, right?

got office key and installed it. Works great but some learning curve since the layout has changed a lot. My wife just learned how to use the older versions of word and she is not happy about learning a new kind.

Heres some screenshots. Not the most exciting but I haven't had the time to actually mess around with it that much. As Tuffgong4 said it's going to take some time to learn where everything is again. Everything is pretty customizable though.

Attachments

• word2007-1.jpg
    word2007-1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 126
  • word2007-2.jpg
    word2007-2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 124
  • word2007-3.jpg
    word2007-3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 98
  • word2007-4.jpg
    word2007-4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 109
  • word2007-5.jpg
    word2007-5.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 121
^I've actually found the Ribbon system very useful. Once you get to use it a bit, you will start to realize menus and options change and adapt to what you are doing. Quite a shock to the system at first, but I think I have become much more productive as a result of the new features :D

I hope you grow to like it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back