POWER DOWN Problem

C

clitoxic

Hello all...im on my uncles computer trying to fix it...the problem is that when i shut down it says 'Your computer is ok to shut down' ....how do i make it so it automatically shuts down?

ACPI and Apm features are installed at setup. You need to enable the acpi function of the motherboard in the bios... I'm not sure if XP will pick it up and fix itself or not... it may require a re-installation.

your motherboard and case needs to support ATX powersupply and you may have set some jumper settings on the board, check out your manual for details

Would i have to update the motherboard drivers at all? or manually go into the motherboard and switch some settings?

you need to look in your manual, or go to the web site if you don't have one. If you know the model and make of the board post it here.
If its only a few years old then it almost certianly will.

do what Lonman says also, check the stuffs enbaled in bios

Can you have the computer automatically power down when set up as a "standard pc" rather than ACPI?

Thanks,
Patrick

i have the same problem with my computer. i whipped out my manual and there is a diagram of some power things but i have not clue what they mean. There are jumpers for the following
Power LED
Keylock
Reset Switch
Power Button/suspend
Speaker
HDD LED

Which one of hose would be the right one???

Originally posted by xpaciscool
i have the same problem with my computer. i whipped out my manual and there is a diagram of some power things but i have not clue what they mean. There are jumpers for the following
Power LED
Keylock
Reset Switch
Power Button/suspend
Speaker
HDD LED

Which one of hose would be the right one???
None of the above. Those are the ones that connect up with the case. You'll need to go into your bios and see if ACPI is enabled. Look in your manual again and see if your board it acpi compliant.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back