power button on my keyboard

L

Lithium

how would i go about gettin this button to work oh man that would be sooo nice not having to bend over to push that damn button on my computer....lol

I've got a M$ Internet Keyboard.. and have powerbutton.. infact I can rest or power off, by pressing button on top of my keyboard.. the keyboard is cheap as nuts too :D

What about swopping the wake on keyboard jumper over so u can boot from keyboard using the bios. Located near the keyboard jack on the mobo if you want a look. providing your mobo supports W,O,K,

Originally posted by stuy_b
I've got a M$ Internet Keyboard.. and have powerbutton.. infact I can rest or power off, by pressing button on top of my keyboard.. the keyboard is cheap as nuts too :D

How'd ya get that button to work in XP dude? Mine doesn't do anything!

What about swopping the wake on keyboard jumper over so u can boot from keyboard using the bios. Located near the keyboard jack on the mobo if you want a look. providing your mobo supports W,O,K,

That would be cool too, anyone any ideas!?!?

Intellitype software v2.01, get it from www.microsoft.com/download :D
You have to set the function from the keyboard settings in control panel. Also you have to set the power function under display properties too.

I've found the settings dont appear in display properties/power until you have used some of the buttons.. so I press the sleep button.. let PC shutdown, then wake it up.. go into control panel/power and voila I can set the buttons for power down state.

Hope that helps m8.

OK got my shutdown button to work now!!. Thx stuy_b.

I d/loaded software, installed, then went into Control Panel Power Options. Clicked Hibernate >Enabled hibernation, Clicked Advanced - a Power buttons options became available. Change "When I press the sleep button..." to whatever you prefer - do nothing/ask what to do/hibernate/shutdown, click OK. Done!

Cool

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back