Posts bunching words together

Had noticed that on a few other people's posts, just thought that they'd forgot where the space bar is. Strange.

I have tried editing it in Firefox 0.93 / 1.0 on Ubuntu, Gentoo, Slackware, Windows XP Pro. :s but nothing

Wonder if it's the words used, as I know EP's been playing with filters.

----------test------------
here is the moose cakes.
---------/test------------

Guess not. EP will have to look into it then.

I saw this problem when someone quoted one of my posts. There was no problem with my original post, but a number of spaces got stripped off in the quoted version.
Haven't seen the problem since then.

thekore said:
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=51973

see that post, notice how it looks like i have a really bad typing style, well i have edited it over and over and over again but to no avail. Its bunching the words together and nothing i seem to do helps it?
Looks fine to me. Well, theres a couple of spaces missing, is that the problem?

*edit*
Oh, I see more now :)

i seem to remember this happening a long way back?

had this happen on a post i was editing the other day. Guess i have an excuess for my bad typing :p

X-istence may have found the cause, but solving it will take a little bit of work.

Electronic Punk said:
X-istence may have found the cause, but solving it will take a little bit of work.
Oh, I just thought I was demented.... I type with only my thumbs anyway.
Maybe I'm not so stupid.

It's to do with collasion defaults and the fact we didn't have any.
So now we are latin and swedish.
an interesting combination, makes me think of promiscious blondes ala caligula.
I need to get out more.

Electronic Punk said:
It's to do with collasion defaults and the fact we didn't have any.
So now we are latin and swedish.
That didn't make any sense to me. Except the word swedish. ;)

But yeah, the forum is eating spaces like crazy, now I can't even correct it after editing, it just eats them again.

I went in and edited it. (hope that was O.K.?)Looks fine now. :suprised:

Don't know what it could have been, but just a quick edit on my part and it came out fine.

[edit]
Could it be a keyboard problem? Or is it only happening here on the forums?

Strange that I have never had this problem. And if it was something within the vBulletin wouldn't it happen to all?

gonaads said:
Could it be a keyboard problem? Or is it only happening here on the forums?
I thought it was at first, but then more people noticed it and now whenI edit and add spaces, they go away as soon as I press space (well,some of them anyway, to make things more confusing!).

But then again it's not in all posts either...

[edit] Notice the "whenI" and ",some".

Wahey :DI'vereplicated it.. by accident of course, but my latest post in the 64 bitprocessor club is bunched. and everytime i edited it, more bunched!

S'random :dead:

prime example ^ "postin" = post in
and "it,more" = it, more

I'm cursed! :cry:

Ok, the bunched one's have changed now i've tried to fix it. God damn

I don't see any of the bunching going on. Am I just weird, or is it the fact that I'm the only one left using IE6.0? (I forgot where I put my Mozilla.)

LeeJend said:
I don't see any of the bunching going on. Am I justweird, or is it the fact that I'm the only one left using IE6.0? (Iforgot where I put my Mozilla.)

Why do I think you have something here ????

I use Mozilla and Firefox and has NEVER pooped the text. :suprised:

I don't use IE. :nervous:

And whatever he has he didn't get it from me. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back