Post Your Speed Screenshots

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
as the title says, boast about your conection speed (or lack off)

mine is atached, this was @ skool with 500 users conected:p

i hardly managed to get the screenshot it was so quick:eek: i will post anougher when there are less users on:cool:

also dont post a screenshot of the burst period before the download settles down:rolleyes: it must be over 25% downloaded + of a suitable size ( 1mb+ depending on conection speed)

post a screenshot:p i know ur on ntl broadband :blink:

dam i thought my conection couldn't get any quicker:eek:

i'm intrested 2 see what speeds Geffy's getting as well cus he's on a similar conection, i can only use the conection 4 browsing though, all .exe,.mp3,.zip etc fi;es are filtered:mad: is a pain but means i get much faster browsing because bandwidth aint being taken up by downloads:cool:

its too easy to cheat on those thingers :)

basically you dl a large file by clicking on it... say an mpeg... and it will dl and play...

after that right click and SAVE that same file... since it is already cached... BOOM... you get super duper speeds of dl... :) supposedly... even though this is not the case...

You can cheat very easily without anyone noticing it. It's like the MPEG caching. You click a file (say 30 MB) and the box pops up asking where to save it. Just ignore it and take a shower, or drink a cup of coffee or whatever. In the meantime IE is downloading it and saving it in a temp-folder and as soon as you pick a location to save it, IE downloads whatever that's left, and then copies it from the temp folder to the actual destination folder.
I do notice that IE doesn't cache the entire file, but only the first megabyte or two of it. But you can still use this trick to show off to your friends.

i didn't cache or nuthin, it was a straight.exe download off a local server:p

ok the server was in the next room:eek:

Originally posted by Henyman
i didn't cache or nuthin, it was a straight.exe download off a local server:p

ok the server was in the next room:eek:

<_< -_-

i thought i was quick with 70kb/sec downloads.. stupid verizon (a)dsl

ok i got the file from Here

it's the server from next door:eek:

we need a download 2 benchmark off:p

Bandwidth Place
1.6 megabits per second
Your raw speed was 1603935.28 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

1.6 megabits per second
How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

195.8 kilobytes per second
The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

5.2 seconds
The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Rating

Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is fantastic

i wanna try it out on C|NET bandwidth test as well a bit l8er on
:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back