Post your security results

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
go to shields up

post your results with your security measures as they stand for the test

here are my results...with no router, just my sygate free software firewall;

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

who's got me beat?

My results - no router - just Zone Alarm (freebie) - it looks like a tie!!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

dealer - did you do the "probe my ports" test - sounds gross doesn't it??:D

Here's my results:

Port
Service
Status Security Implications

FTP
Stealth! There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

Telnet
Stealth! There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

RPC

Net
BIOS

IMAP

HTTPS

MSFT
DS

UPnP

I'm going for the probe now

my girlfriend is jealous...I'll be back

Port
Service

FTP

Telnet

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

RPC

Net
BIOS

IMAP

HTTPS

MSFT
DS

UPnP

it's a tie...I thought I was special

hey uh dealer - you don't suppose the test is rigged do you??

Nah - we are both just "hard to probe with our shield in place":cool: :cool:

i got the same results as u guys and all i have is a hardware firewall. i think it might be rigged.

I am sorry but every time I go to Mr. Gibson's website i loose more and more respect for the guy. The latest thing to do this is..

A Next-Generation PRIVACY THREAT is present!
The Media Access Control (MAC) address of the network interface card in your computer can be easily read by any computer or web server on the Internet. Yours is:

A Next-Generation PRIVACY THREAT!! What a crock of sh1t. How can this be A Next-Generation PRIVACY THREAT when it has always been the case.

Goes on to say...

The MAC address is a "guaranteed to be globally unique" 48-bit serial number embedded into every Ethernet network adapter ever made. The problem is you can't change it....

This is not limited to ethernet adapters. Modems have this also. Any device that connects a device to a network of any kind has a MAC Address. Yes it is true the address is hard coded and can not be cghanged but it can be spoofed.

as usual penguin, you are correct

seems like gibsons pupose is to scare people into ginving him some respect.

I agree, he deserves an amount of disrespect, but I do like some of the things he's been responsible for.

and as you've said, he is a joke in the security comunity...but still, it's better he's here then not.(imo)

good to see you crazy alaskan birdman...as usual

NPF2003 all stealth

and yes the MAC thing has been around for ages. I know you can spoof it in *nix, I think a MAC Bridge can do something similar but really the same.

I think the thing with Mr. Gibson is he acts as the "middleman" between the masses of "technically challenged" and the computer "geeks" who actually know a thing or two.

Obviously, anyone who knows this stuff to begin with sees what he's doing as simple scare mongering. But for the masses who have no clue, he explains things in a non-technical way that even the most naive person can understand.

Sometimes I wish he'd not freak out over certain things, but I guess everyone has to have a passion. His is computer security. And I'd rather have him more on the side of caution, explaining things in simple terms, than to be "just another security guru."
He's made it big by being able to explain things in simple terms.

As far as the shields up and probe my ports "feature", it's a very simple test, one that even the XP Firewall can pass. And that's the point, especially for those non-techies. While it may not be much, even the XP Firewall is semi-useful, and those people who don't even understand what a firewall is should turn it on.

-Ryandor

So much venom spewed at Mr. Gibson. Just cuz he tends to be a little dramatic? Gibson has helped seal up more computers than all the little elitist, techie sites combined.

Methinks the RabidPenguin is a wee bit jealous. So angry because he told people about something he already knew? New threats usually do come from pre-existing conditions, as people learn to exploit what's out there. Do yourself a favor and don't go to his site anymore, no reason to raise your blood pressure.

I for one would like to thank Gibson for the valuable free services and insights he provides. As should the millions of people who have been spared the agony of having a compromised computer, due solely to his help.

i get the same resulste as you guys. everything is stealth :) me uses a router and norton personal firewall 2003

Originally posted by Gus K
So much venom spewed at Mr. Gibson. Just cuz he tends to be a little dramatic? Gibson has helped seal up more computers than all the little elitist, techie sites combined.

Methinks the RabidPenguin is a wee bit jealous. So angry because he told people about something he already knew? New threats usually do come from pre-existing conditions, as people learn to exploit what's out there. Do yourself a favor and don't go to his site anymore, no reason to raise your blood pressure.

I for one would like to thank Gibson for the valuable free services and insights he provides. As should the millions of people who have been spared the agony of having a compromised computer, due solely to his help.

AGREED!

I'm still hard to beat...from the site you recomend
;

UDP packet
Here is the description of possible results on each sent packet:
"Stealthed" - Means that your system (firewall) has successfuly passed the test by not responding to the packet we have sent to it.
"Non-stealthed" - Means that your system (firewall) responded to the packet we have sent to it. What is more important, is that it also means that your computer is visible to others on the Internet that can be potentially dangerous.

Packet' type Status
TCP "ping" stealthed
TCP NULL stealthed
TCP FIN stealthed
TCP XMAS stealthed
UDP stealthed

Recommendation:

Your computer is invisible to the others on the Internet!

and finally the exploits test;, regarding these attacks;

igmpsyn
targa3
fawx
kod
ssping
jolt2
twinge
moyari13
nuke
teardrop
nestea
land
synk4
opentear
stream
stream2
rfpoison
rst_flip
redir

Results of the test:
Exploits test

Your system successfully defended itself from this attack!

dealer - i really hate to disappoint you - As you know I am running the "bloated" - as I have helped you prove - ZA Freebie and it seems like I have my $hit together - be it with my settings or just plain lucky - these tests are becoming boooorrrriinnnnggg!
Stealthed - stealthed and guess what? Stealthed! No trojans, no nothing!

I am sorry - I will be a tough sell to change from my free bloated ZA!:p :p

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on the site. It's helped me out numerous times. I just started using firewalls and these tests have been very helpful.

I use Zone Alarm Pro. I've passed all the tests on shields up! and audit my pc.

stealthed. oh yeah.

Port Status Descriptions:

Stealth!

If all of the tested ports were shown to have stealth status, then for all intents and purposes your computer doesn't exist

to scanners on the Internet!

It means that either your computer is turned off or disconnected from the Net (which seems unlikely since you must be using

it right now!) or an effective stealth firewall is blocking all unauthorized external contact with your computer. This means

that it is completely opaque to random scans and direct assault. Even if this machine had previously been scanned and logged

by a would-be intruder, a methodical return to this IP address will lead any attacker to believe that your machine is turned

off, disconnected, or no longer exists. You couldn't ask for anything better.

There's one additional benefit: scanners are actually hurt by probing this machine! You may have noticed how slowly the

probing proceeded. This was caused by your firewall! It was required, since your firewall is discarding the

connection-attempt messages sent to your ports. A non-firewalled PC responds immediately that a connection is either refused

or accepted, telling a scanner that it's found a live one ... and allowing it to get on with its scanning. But your firewall

is acting like a black hole for TCP/IP packets! This means that it's necessary for a scanner to sit around and wait for the

maximum round-trip time possible — across the entire Net, into your machine, and back again — before it can safely conclude

that there's no computer at the other end. That's very cool.

Port
Service

FTP

Telnet

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

RPC

Net
BIOS

IMAP

HTTPS

MSFT
DS

UPnP

Attempting connection to your computer. . .
Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you

that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission.

And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by

anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection

attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer

results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which

represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to

Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based

PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing

ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

SYGATE SCAN

Ideally your status should be "Blocked". This indicates that your ports are not only
closed, but they are completely hidden (stealthed) to attackers.

Service Ports Status Additional Information
FTP DATA 20 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
FTP 21 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SSH 22 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
TELNET 23 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SMTP 25 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
DNS 53 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
DCC 59 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
FINGER 79 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
WEB 80 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
POP3 110 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
IDENT 113 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
NetBIOS 139 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
HTTPS 443 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Server Message Block 445 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SOCKS PROXY 1080 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SOURCE PORT 3406 BLOCKED This is the port you are using to communicate to our Web Server. A firewall that uses Stateful

Packet Inspection will show a 'BLOCKED' result for this port.
WEB PROXY 8080 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed
You have blocked all of our probes! We still recommend running this test both with
and without Sygate Personal Firewall enabled... so turn it off and try the test again.
If you are not already running our Enterprise Security Agent or our Personal Firewall,
try our Award-Winning Personal Firewall now.

Results from scan of all ports from 1 to 1024 at TCP/IP address: 210.49.68.185

Scanning ports 1 to 10 . . .
Scanning ports 11 to 20 . . .
Scanning ports 21 to 30 . . .
Scanning ports 31 to 40 . . .
Scanning ports 41 to 50 . . .
Scanning ports 51 to 60 . . .
Scanning ports 61 to 70 . . .
Scanning ports 71 to 80 . . .
Scanning ports 81 to 90 . . .
Scanning ports 91 to 100 . . .
Scanning ports 101 to 110 . . .
Scanning ports 111 to 120 . . .
Scanning ports 121 to 130 . . .
Scanning ports 131 to 140 . . .
Scanning ports 141 to 150 . . .
Scanning ports 151 to 160 . . .
Scanning ports 161 to 170 . . .
Scanning ports 171 to 180 . . .
Scanning ports 181 to 190 . . .
Scanning ports 191 to 200 . . .
Scanning ports 201 to 210 . . .
Scanning ports 211 to 220 . . .
Scanning ports 221 to 230 . . .
Scanning ports 231 to 240 . . .
Scanning ports 241 to 250 . . .
Scanning ports 251 to 260 . . .
Scanning ports 261 to 270 . . .
Scanning ports 271 to 280 . . .
Scanning ports 281 to 290 . . .
Scanning ports 291 to 300 . . .
Scanning ports 301 to 310 . . .
Scanning ports 311 to 320 . . .
Scanning ports 321 to 330 . . .
Scanning ports 331 to 340 . . .
Scanning ports 341 to 350 . . .
Scanning ports 351 to 360 . . .
Scanning ports 361 to 370 . . .
Scanning ports 371 to 380 . . .
Scanning ports 381 to 390 . . .
Scanning ports 391 to 400 . . .
Scanning ports 401 to 410 . . .
Scanning ports 411 to 420 . . .
Scanning ports 421 to 430 . . .
Scanning ports 431 to 440 . . .
Scanning ports 441 to 450 . . .
Scanning ports 451 to 460 . . .
Scanning ports 461 to 470 . . .
Scanning ports 471 to 480 . . .
Scanning ports 481 to 490 . . .
Scanning ports 491 to 500 . . .
Scanning ports 501 to 510 . . .
Scanning ports 511 to 520 . . .
Scanning ports 521 to 530 . . .
Scanning ports 531 to 540 . . .
Scanning ports 541 to 550 . . .
Scanning ports 551 to 560 . . .
Scanning ports 561 to 570 . . .
Scanning ports 571 to 580 . . .
Scanning ports 581 to 590 . . .
Scanning ports 591 to 600 . . .
Scanning ports 601 to 610 . . .
Scanning ports 611 to 620 . . .
Scanning ports 621 to 630 . . .
Scanning ports 631 to 640 . . .
Scanning ports 641 to 650 . . .
Scanning ports 651 to 660 . . .
Scanning ports 661 to 670 . . .
Scanning ports 671 to 680 . . .
Scanning ports 681 to 690 . . .
Scanning ports 691 to 700 . . .
Scanning ports 701 to 710 . . .
Scanning ports 711 to 720 . . .
Scanning ports 721 to 730 . . .
Scanning ports 731 to 740 . . .
Scanning ports 741 to 750 . . .
Scanning ports 751 to 760 . . .
Scanning ports 761 to 770 . . .
Scanning ports 771 to 780 . . .
Scanning ports 781 to 790 . . .
Scanning ports 791 to 800 . . .
Scanning ports 801 to 810 . . .
Scanning ports 811 to 820 . . .
Scanning ports 821 to 830 . . .
Scanning ports 831 to 840 . . .
Scanning ports 841 to 850 . . .
Scanning ports 851 to 860 . . .
Scanning ports 861 to 870 . . .
Scanning ports 871 to 880 . . .
Scanning ports 881 to 890 . . .
Scanning ports 891 to 900 . . .
Scanning ports 901 to 910 . . .
Scanning ports 911 to 920 . . .
Scanning ports 921 to 930 . . .
Scanning ports 931 to 940 . . .
Scanning ports 941 to 950 . . .
Scanning ports 951 to 960 . . .
Scanning ports 961 to 970 . . .
Scanning ports 971 to 980 . . .
Scanning ports 981 to 990 . . .
Scanning ports 991 to 1000 . . .
Scanning ports 1001 to 1010 . . .
Scanning ports 1011 to 1020 . . .
Scanning ports 1021 to 1024 . . .

You have blocked all of our probes! We still recommend running this test both with
and without Sygate Personal Firewall enabled... so turn it off and try the test again.
If you are not already running our Enterprise Security Agent or our Personal Firewall,
try our Award-Winning Personal Firewall now.

Testing . . .
Testing . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have determined that you have a firewall blocking UDP ports!
We are unable to scan any more UDP ports on IP: 210.49.68.185 . . .

FTP DATA 20 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
FTP 21 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SSH 22 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
TELNET 23 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SMTP 25 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
DNS 53 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
DCC 59 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
FINGER 79 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
WEB 80 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
POP3 110 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
IDENT 113 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Location Service 135 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
NetBIOS 139 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
HTTPS 443 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Server Message Block 445 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
SOCKS PROXY 1080 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
UPnP 5000 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
WEB PROXY 8080 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.

Results from scan of commonly used trojans at TCP/IP address: 210.49.68.185

Service Ports Status Possible Trojans
Trojan 1243 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 1999 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 6776 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 7789 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 12345 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 31337 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 54320 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.
Trojan 54321 BLOCKED This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be completely stealthed.

Results from scan of ICMP at TCP/IP address: 210.49.68.185

Protocol Type Status Additional Information
ICMP 8 BLOCKED An ICMP ping request is usually used to test Internet access. However, an attacker can use it to determine

if your computer is available and what OS you are running. This gives him valuable information when he is determining what

type of attack to use against you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back