Post your longest Uptime!

I

insaNity

You can check your uptime by typing systeminfo at the command prompt. (then scroll up a bit)

I'll start...

So far I'm up to 22 Days, 3 Hours, 40 Minutes, 46 Seconds.

That's on a celeron in a VIA motherboard and it's had some pretty heavy use:
Downloading files, IRC, ICQ, Browsing, Encoding Videos, playing videos, Playing mp3s and visual plugins, ripping/encoding music, Playing Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe, Counter-Strike, Rally Masters, several other game demos and applications....

XP is stable enough for me :)
I know 3 weeks isn't massive but this is the first time I have not shut it down and I'm pretty impressed and also curious as to what other people get...
Oh well, have to shut it down to put my burner in now *sob* ;)

dunno I would say about 4 days... thats the longest my pc has EVER been on in one shot... I normally reboot every other day after defragging to keep it performing optimally...

so in terms of uptime mate.. you beat me black and blue :D

I have a k6-2 450 MHz sys with 320 megs of ram a 20 gig maxtor HDD @7200 and a few peripheral devices...

main uses... massive office usage for university projects... Max Payne, Deus Ex, Aliens v/s Predators and every evening for a couple of hours... COUNTER-STRIKE and DoD 2.0 :) I love the games...

when my new sys is finished i will see if I can approach your uptime with it...

has my sys crashed with XP.. yes it has... I dled the latest ATi drivers for my radeon and it kept giving me write-errors when I ran kazaa -lite with my desktop TV (tv-tuner card)..

stopped happening when I rolled back to the older drivers...

Originally posted by Jewelzz
So I don't have to repeat mine, look Here

Ahh. I thought a thread like this was long overdue but I didn't think of looking there ;)

It looks like I'm doing well. Is XP really unstable compared to 2K ?

Well mine is more stable then my ISP, carrier and Electricity company so that says something for my measily couple-of-hundred $ system doesn't it? :D
Yes right now I have every single post from the first page of each forum open. Thats a LOT of IE windows :p

hehe. Keep them coming!

Originally posted by insaNity

Ahh. I thought a thread like this was long overdue but I didn't think of looking there ;)

Heh, some people forget to look around before posting. I only remember it because I posted in it :)

1 minute 32 seconds:p

I think the most ive ever, ever in the life of computers ive had is 1 month 2 days 3 hours 26 minutes 21 seconds, give or take a second.:eek:

oops

I accidently left my PC on when I went on vacation last year. It was running for 6 weeks when I got home and the only thing it did was calculating data for Seti@Home.

Re: oops

Originally posted by glaanieboy
I accidently left my PC on when I went on vacation last year. It was running for 6 weeks when I got home and the only thing it did was calculating data for Seti@Home.

heh. I bet the SETI people were pleased :)

BTW: Keep them XP only or state what OS you are using please :)

my up time

never mind, you all are talking about something else I think, if not, WOW!

I have never understood how people can hang out on tweak boards, claim they do all this stuff in the registry, and modify settings all over the system including the most current driver, yet they haven't rebooted in 27 months.

Spare me.

(mind you I'm not referring to anyone in this thread, but I've seen this same type of post a hundred times)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back