Post your CPU info

Sazar

Rest In Peace
nice little app avaible for download here...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry_butler/opn-462/index.html

thanks to saturnotaku from nvnews for posting this initially...

word of advice... it is possible for most cases to get the serial numbers and the like from the internet to plug into the program to get your cpu information... athlon64 owners will likely have the hardest time since the app is still experimental for us...

Attachments

• sys spec.JPG
    sys spec.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 116
Looks cool, but to have to go and read the alphanumeric codes on the CPU. Not too many are going to want to remove their CPU heatsink and fan just for a proggy. And to go searchin on the net to find them. Wouldn't they be specific for each CPU chip? O.K. granted that maybe some of the code is generic for a family of CPU or speed but all the other info? Some CPUs will vary in speed, power consumed and also temp. Me thinks anyway.

Please correct if I izz wrong. :)

I do recall that on a particular CPU that the core matterial was changed or something and that a letter in the serial number was an "A" or something to that effect. Something to do with copper I think. Now some may not know which one they have and when looking up this info on the internet may get conflicting information. Yes/No???

the numbers printed represent the basic model you have and the properties therein...

power-consumption/fsb/cache/packaging/voltage/manufacture period and so on/so forth are the basics and yes they do vary per the particular processor batch you have..

if you know the type of processor you have you can simply google it and the model/make and generally you can find a similar code number to plug in... its not very complicated and might take just a few mins... took me just a few to get my info out...

O.K. I downloaded already anyway. :D

I'll try it later. Good post either way Sazar. Thank You. :)

its just a basic info guide :)

give you some basic thermal info and what not wrt the processor... volts and stuff... just an fyi so to speak..

btw the new version of CPU-z is out... as you can see from my screenshot in the first post when minimized it displays your current clock speed :)

a nice little tool if you are interested in posting information using that instead of using the tool I posted...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back