Post New Nvidia Drivers In Here >>

Nvidia 44.03 Fx Drivers.

WooHoo new FX 44.03 drivers here on the Nvidia site Download Here . The Drivers are WHQL ONLY for FX Cards.Quote" 44.03 is WHQL Certified for the GeForce FX family of GPUs"

Or download of the FTP server HERE

Quote "Delivers an incredible 30% increase in performance over previous Detonator 40 drivers** " BUT >> ".Performance results based upon GeForce FX 5600 Ultra running UnrealTournament 2003 Antalus flyby"
...we will see in 5 Min's:rolleyes:
>Yes if you have an Fx card !<

Update it seems they have only renamed them Fx drivers....it seems they are just another set of 40.** dets.

Well i don't expect anything from the drivers now in speed just hoping it keeps the bugs away...similar bench's as before:rolleyes:

Edit :- Something of intrest..... NVIDIA's Detonator 44.03 FX drivers extensive benchmark tests conducted HERE

Ok well I am grabbing these and will see what I like /dislike

Anyone else try these new 44.'s and what was the end result??

:)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6478891

Ok well I am happy with this new set but I wonder why they are not signed ????

Is it possible they are only signed if I have an FX?

But other than that I hit my highest score ever with the new set so I am happy :D :D :D

Anyone recommend a good program that works with Winxp to remove old Det drivers. I went to Guru3d and can not seem to download the 2 programs that they have and the third, DetDestroyer, says it does not work with Winxp. Any help is appreciated. Thanks folks...

Temperal

I have those 2 programs you could not get hold of 1 is attached the other too big..... works fine with xp.

The other can be downloaded directly from HERE

Originally posted by Temperal
Anyone recommend a good program that works with Winxp to remove old Det drivers. I went to Guru3d and can not seem to download the 2 programs that they have and the third, DetDestroyer, says it does not work with Winxp. Any help is appreciated. Thanks folks...

Temperal

There is on called NFR nasty file remover you can get that at 3dguru as well it works fine, I like to use reg detective and NFR after I have uninstalled the drivers I use NFR to make sure there is no left over, then I go in and clean the reg of nvidia traces ;)

Driver Irregularities May Inflate nVidia Benchmark Scores

Some Accusations flying around about Nvidia cheating on driver benchmarking...again:confused: read about it HERE .

Just to remind anyone looking at this thread.. driver links to 44.03 Fx driver a few posts up.

Seems that the new drivers work better on the Ti line of cards and are giving some problems to FX users with the GTA vice city game ....

As for the cheating in benchmarks well I do benchmark but I dont only use that as my rule of thumb I play games and lot's not just me but my 2 boys also use this rig when they hook up on LAN games together we have a second puter networked into this one and I was on Nascar4 racing on line and getting a constant 20-30 fps better with these drivers and it looks fine , and there are many other games I have tried with these and I have yet to see a problem with them ...ok thats not going to be the case with everyone but for me these drivers rock!!!:)

ive found that the 44.03 Drivers work perfectly on my Geforce 2MX400. Seems to help it run like a dream :D.. havent spotted any extra pauses, errors or bugs with it so far and ive had it for about 3days now:happy:

Alex:cool:

Nvidia Fx 44.10

Anyone bored and want to try a new driver ?.

Then head over to Warp2search have a read then if you fancy downloading it Click me i will give it a try later and post my opinion on it.

Re: Driver Irregularities May Inflate nVidia Benchmark Scores

Originally posted by BonyTony
Some Accusations flying around about Nvidia cheating on driver benchmarking...again:confused: read about it HERE .

Just to remind anyone looking at this thread.. driver links to 44.03 Fx driver a few posts up.

no longer accusations m8..

its been confirmed...

check the front page for the futuremark press release...

supposedly in the next couple of weeks there is a lot more fubar coming from nvidia...

will keep posted via front page...

Re: Re: Driver Irregularities May Inflate nVidia Benchmark Scores

Originally posted by Sazar
no longer accusations m8..

its been confirmed...

check the front page for the futuremark press release...

supposedly in the next couple of weeks there is a lot more fubar coming from nvidia...

will keep posted via front page...

Seems that ATI might be in same boat under investigation seems the new patch for 3dmark2003 caused their drivers to get lower scores also. ok back to topic which is new nvidia drivers Thanks for the link Tony going to try them out :)

Im also with 44.03s. These drivers are great. I can run Vice City at 1280x960x16 with almost no lag at all.

Specs:
AMD T-Bird 1GHz
384MB PC2100
GF2 MX400 with 32MB (dont ask me how I can run at that resolution but I can, w00t)
128 SB <--- crappy but I dont care

Ok I tried these 44.10's and they seem fine no big diff in 3dmark2001se ... still testing they look fine and will play a few games to see how they handle ... be back with more later :)

Ok back for a bit and I like these 44.10's they work fine for me just did some Nascar4 on line racing and its good , morrowind is nice and smooth , gonna play a few more games... :D

Re: Re: Re: Driver Irregularities May Inflate nVidia Benchmark Scores

Originally posted by Kermit
Seems that ATI might be in same boat under investigation seems the new patch for 3dmark2003 caused their drivers to get lower scores also. ok back to topic which is new nvidia drivers Thanks for the link Tony going to try them out :)

actually ati is not in the same boat.. futuremark specifies that a variance of upto 3% is valid... ati's variance is 1.9% v/s over 20% for nvidia's optimizations... the thing that is improper and is what they were called on is application specific coding...

basically this is the gist of it...

they changed the names of the functions AFAIk but the workload and everything else is the SAME as the reference setup from futuremark... the only difference is the 2 things renamed work better with ati's architecture... this would be a valid optimization... as recgnized by many people in the know... but ati is doing the RIGHT thing by removing the said 'optimizations' instead of doing like nvidia and slandering everyone and everything without even once acknowledging the fact that yes... in fact they DID cheat and they WERE caught and they should own up to this and move on..

I for one would be a lot happier..

I read somewhere that it was 8% for the ATI 's and it was now being looked into

Originally posted by Kermit
I read somewhere that it was 8% for the ATI 's and it was now being looked into

ati have already released official statements concerning the matter...

the variance overall was 1.9%... almost entirely stemming from around 8% gain (or drop depending on the patch) from game test 4 (nature)...

www.rage3d.com has both ati's and sweeny's statements concerning this matter...

futuremark states a variance of upto 3% is quite normal...

That's fine .. I hope all this wont lead up to constant flame wars in every post where the word nvidia is posted ... I am sure nvidia will pay the price ... who knows maybe its a little karma back their way from the past mmmm maybe a little 3DFX voodoo :D

LOL nice to see the front page now ....... seems ATI did after all cheat but I am sure there is another way to describe what they did I mean A rose is a rose is a rose .... well from where I come from we call a rose a rose we dont make up a creative name for them :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back