Post here if you love Vista!

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I absolutely LOVE Windows Vista. Sure, it had a few problems when it was first released (no different from XP if I remember correctly) but now it's on SP1 I'm running the 64-bit version and it is awesome. It's very fast, incredibly stable and looks fantastic.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't like Vista or who have found problems with it, but if you are one of those people please don't take offence, this thread is just a bit of fun.

I feel that Vista has taken a lot of flak since it's launch and has never quite recovered, so if you love Vista, post a reply here - and if you've got time, tell us why!

I started out hating vista but once my issues were resolved, (bad motherboard and bios) and once I had three gigs of memory I fell in love with the os.

I think the os cannot run smooth with less then 3 gigs but once you have at least that it is really sweet

thanx for posting this thread ray

I had early driver issues but I have never had a problem with Vista at all, was thinking alst night how well everything was operating and looked good on two screens.

How jolly clever I had two screens and was just throwing windows around wherever I felt like, not unique to Vista but transparency was a factor.

I love Vista, but I am really looking forward to 7.

I agree. I love it. I still think it is more for advanced users if you are using 64bit. I still have to take 6 gigs of memory out to install, add the patch for memroy, and then install my 6 gigs again and it runs like a champ. Maybe newer installs with SP1 included have a fix?

hmm I'm tempted to find a video of someone "posting" to make a point :p

Yep, I like vista better than xp. And I like windows 7 better than vista.. Vista is a great os :)

I am extremely pleased with Vista's performance on my system. I was reluctant to move from XP Pro to Vista x64 but with the fixes in SP1 I really have very little to complain about. Any issues I have are minor annoyances and some issues I cannot even blame on Microsoft but instead third-party hardware makers.

I used XP Pro for many years and was happier with it than any previous OS from Windows but at this point I have to say that Vista x64 SP1 runs as smoothly as XP Pro ever did.

Do I love it? Hmmm... I have never loved any OS but I am very happy with it. :)

I use Vista on all of my systems (except my iPhone which I consider a system :D )

Absolutely love it. It flies even on my latitude with "only" 2GB of memory :)

Windows 7 is also nifty and feels snappier but I am going to wait for a final build before dropping it onto my systems.

I have enjoyed it from the start, but the issues it had at first drove me crazy. It's funny that just about every business system I use at work, (law enforcement) are still using XP Pro, ask one of our IT guy what there go to do after MS drops support, he didn't know, does any one else see this as being problem?

Love is such a strong word... I do like vista though, had some sound driver issues at the start but they were soon resolved. From what I understand windows 7 will be what vista should have, so I am def looking forward to it.

assclown: i think in that situation, vLite is your friend.

I love Vista. haven't had much of an issue since the week after it's release when NVidia had better video drivers out. other than that... everything was peachy.

I like Turtles, oh wait wrong thread. I like Vista, it is emminently safer for my kids to use the internet.

I agree. I love it. I still think it is more for advanced users if you are using 64bit. I still have to take 6 gigs of memory out to install, add the patch for memroy, and then install my 6 gigs again and it runs like a champ. Maybe newer installs with SP1 included have a fix?

SP1 fixed that :)

Go download an integrated iso from somewere - you can use your existing key to install it with.

here!

Vista since launch. Not one single problem that is specific to it.

I think I can agree with the "Sucks then, rocks now" comments. Also, I'm on 64 bit so I like my 8GB of RAM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back