Possible new job, need central florida area info

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Hey everyone, I might be taking a new job for a company in florida arround the Orlando area. I need info to prepare to start looking at places to find housing, so if the job goes through I am ready. I am looking for places (cities, towns, ect) that have a low crime rate, good schools, nice area. I would like to keep my seach to within a 1 hour commute to orlando and the airport (as I will be traveling alot). My income would be in the 45 - 55K range if that helps.

I will probley look for an apartment for the first 3 months just to make sure everything works out before I move across the country (from california). Also please share you thoughts, opinions about florida, good or bad.

Sanford is a good location. Altamonte Springs would be another. Be ready for I-4 traffic no matter where you are.
I am in Deland in western Volusia County which is just North of Sanford. This area has a little more of a "small town" feel to it though it is growing pretty fast. Many commute from this area to Orlando. Other cities in this area include Debary, Deltona, Orange City and Deleon Springs.
I can make it to Orlando International in an average of 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. Although, if you are driving at peak times, it could take longer. Where I live is ideal for me with two kids, 20 minutes to Daytona Beach, an hour to Disney.

If you prefer to be on the south side of Orlando, check around St. Cloud / Kissimmee.

Weather is great, traffic is not so great if you have to use I-4. Crime is probably about average although there are some areas which have a higher crime rate. Florida Schools have had their concerns in the past however, they have been improving quite a bit. Main concern now is lack of schools to accomodate influx of residents. Florida is currently the fastest growing state as far as population. It has been compared to California of the 70's.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Sanford is a good location. Altamonte Springs would be another. Be ready for I-4 traffic no matter where you are.
I am in Deland in western Volusia County which is just North of Sanford. This area has a little more of a "small town" feel to it though it is growing pretty fast. Many commute from this area to Orlando. Other cities in this area include Debary, Deltona, Orange City and Deleon Springs.
I can make it to Orlando International in an average of 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. Although, if you are driving at peak times, it could take longer. Where I live is ideal for me with two kids, 20 minutes to Daytona Beach, an hour to Disney.

If you prefer to be on the south side of Orlando, check around St. Cloud / Kissimmee.

Weather is great, traffic is not so great if you have to use I-4. Crime is probably about average although there are some areas which have a higher crime rate. Florida Schools have had their concerns in the past however, they have been improving quite a bit. Main concern now is lack of schools to accomodate influx of residents. Florida is currently the fastest growing state as far as population. It has been compared to California of the 70's.

I like kissimmee personally... nice neighborhood for the most part... if you live near the airport exit... where there are LOTS of houses/apartments... you are pretty much in a prime location... only around 5 mins from I-drive (international drive) with all the attractions and retail shopping outlets...

other than that... xsiv's area I would avoid... I hear ever since he moved there property prices have plummeted... something about the smell I think ?

:D

j/k

Originally posted by Sazar
other than that... xsiv's area I would avoid... I hear ever since he moved there property prices have plummeted... something about the smell I think ?

:D

j/k

fu.gif

Give a bird tap water and it'll drink it.
Give a bird bottled water and it doesn't wanna know.

I know I tried it :D

I lived in Winter Park for about 5 years..traffic is bad there, but your right in the middle of everything. I live in Apopka now (Last 10 years), kinda like living in the woods, I'm about 15 min for the damn store...lol

Re: Re: Possible new job, need central florida area info

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Wanna get married? ;)

LOL, I think my fiance' might have a problem with that....But thanks for the offer!....LOL

Originally posted by lion7718
I lived in Winter Park for about 5 years..traffic is bad there, but your right in the middle of everything. I live in Apopka now (Last 10 years), kinda like living in the woods, I'm about 15 min for the damn store...lol

Woods? Real woods? That could be cool. Do you have neighbors right next door? Or is there room to breathe?

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Florida's hot and humid and the tap water is not fit for human consumption.

Tap water is not fit here in Cali either. So that is nothing new.

I really apreciate all the input and if anyone has anything else to add please feel free.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back