Possible IE problem

DLK55

OSNN Junior Addict
Having solved defrag and tools options problem with help from you folks here I have a new problem. When I visit certain websites and click some links I used to get, I now get what seems to be like hitting the Home key and not the link. I contacted the sites manager and was told it may be due to not having Java enabled in my options/advanced settings. I do not see any java mentioned in my current advanced tab settings. I am running XP Home sp2 but thinking my fix earlier might have loaded sp1 options? Also should mention used sfc /scannow in one of the fixes. Can I or should I reinstall IE sp2 or is there another way to fix? Also note some advertising links do nothing as well. Thanks...dlk

Hit up your java control panel, in the control panel. Go to the Browser tab and make sure there is a check there for MS IE.

Great, problem corrected..Thank-you Trackrat for the link, it worked for me. and to Mastershakes..I did not have Java control panel in my control panel. Also, in the Java control panel I downloaded (Java 5) there is no browser tab unless I misunderstood your post. In the internet options/advanced tab there is now a coffee cup Icon where there was none before this fix. So far this forum is three for three (3 for 3) in helping fix my problems, great great great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back