• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Portal!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Portal is on the backburner while I work on completing HL2: Episode 2. I think I am about a quarter the way through, played all morning before work :cool:

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
It's. Released?
Will. Have. To. Install. It. Then. :).
Lol! Yes, in the UK it's only available on Steam at the moment, but it's so awesome! The only problem is the length, I finished it in 3 hours including distractions such as dinner. However, I guess it's quite replayable as there are bonus maps and extra challenges unlocked once you finish the game.

What's this cake all about though??

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Having heard it was quite short I decided to get Portal done and out the way first, as I knew that if I started EP2 I'd continually get distracted by Portal! Onwards and upwards anyway, hopefully. What's EP2 like anyway, I've not read any reviews yet for fear of ruining any surprises?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
I want it. Bad.

Can someone tell him how the purchase goes? I see its $50 for the Orange box but I don't need HL2 and EP1 again! Can't I just get the new content (The Black box before it was canceled) or am I stuck paying for stuff I already own?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
It was like 40 and change for the orange box pre oct 10th.

Cool people like me got it before hand :D

Included in the Orange Box is Episode 2 (very cool game so far), Portal (very different and you actually use you mind :D ) and Team Fortress 2, for me, the Game of the Year, hands down.

You also get HL2 and Episode 1 but if you already own them, you can give them away to someone who doesn't already have it. They sign up a steam account and then receive it or something. Very easy :cool:

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
Please tell me its more then 19 levels. This is pure joy! I haven't tried out EP2 or TF2 but I'm sure they are good too. Well worth the price.

It's 19 levels and a few bonus things I believe. I played a few last night before getting motion sickness from it and thought it was awesome :D

I love the commentary from the facility computer though :D

Just got the Orange box since I didn't own any of the titles. My main objective was getting TF2, the others are gravy :)
Spent some time with a friend's HL2 install previously, I was quite impressed with it.
After messing around trying to get the ATI 7.10 drivers installed, I finally dove in and tried TF2 out alone.... pretty neat :) Now to check out the other stuff hehe

PS. I'm new to this steam thing, people mind sharing their ID for the friends list?

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Just got the Orange box since I didn't own any of the titles. My main objective was getting TF2, the others are gravy :)
Spent some time with a friend's HL2 install previously, I was quite impressed with it.
After messing around trying to get the ATI 7.10 drivers installed, I finally dove in and tried TF2 out alone.... pretty neat :) Now to check out the other stuff hehe

PS. I'm new to this steam thing, people mind sharing their ID for the friends list?

zekemonster :eek:

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Yeah I think you can guess mine too.

Man I love portal. I've already played through it twice and I still want more!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814