Port fowarding?

Could you guys make it any more complicated...

Failur i have the same modem, this is what you need to do.

1) Make sure your windows firewall has the port fowarded for the port you need. control panel>Windows Firewall>Exceptions Tab>Name the Port anything you want, utorrent is good, enter the port number>press ok.

Failur look on the bottom of your modem what letter does it start with, if its a D do this.

2) Configuration>Define Custom Service>Port forwarding>Next>Name the service, again could just be utorrent, now enter your port into all three fields. >make sure TCP is selected>Next>close

3) Go to configuration>drop down the menu until you get to the bottom and select the new port "utorrent" or whatever you named it and then enable the port. ****make sure the torrent program you are using, is using the same port****

4) YOU DONT HAVE A LOG IN because you are NOT using PPPOE you are probably using routed bridge, which logs directly into verizons network.

5) Linksys forwarding. click on advance>forwarding>in the service port range enter the port exactly into the 1st and 2nd box then>leave protocal to both>enter your computers IP address>Apply.

All should now work.

Ok, but where is step 2 in my westell. i go to configuration and i dont have define custom service port. The only way to get to something like that is config.service config...

for step 4, do i change the setting in linksys to pppoe..or leave as "obtain auto"

and the westell modem isnt a d, it says Model Number C90-610015-06

OH ALSO when i define the serive...and enable it do i enable to the host devoce or to an ip address???

Thanks a bunch everyone for all the help

let me have a look at the c configuration, it has all the same features but is laid out slightly differently.

One question i have to ask though, why are you making it more complicated by having a secondary router connected to your westell modem/router?

cuz the westell isnt wireles...and im in another room. I just ordered online this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...60034651393&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Wasnt that much and at least its one device not two...

1_10056615_0.jpg

good deal, so i guess everything above this post if nul and void now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back