Port forwarding causes disconnection

Tricky2050

OSNN Junior Addict
I am currently having a problem with my Linksys BEFSR41 v4. To run uTorrent I set up port range forwarding, after which it ran fine but I found that after I have anything in the port range forwarding it causes the internet to disconnect every 5-10 mins for about 10 seconds then reconnects. The only solution I found to fix it was to reset my router but then of course uTorrent downloads at about 1kb/sec.

The router is updated with the latest firmware and im using XP Pro SP2. Any ideas of how i can stop the disconnections?

That's a fairly older router. I think what is happening is that the router is choking on all the connections that the torrent is making as reseting it fixes it, which in turn clears the connection list.

So basically I have a crap router? Well thats what i get for spending 30 quid on it. Any recommendations for a decent router?

Well I don't use a store bought router exactly. I have a linux system setup for that. Maybe some other members would have some suggestions.

So basically I have a crap router? Well thats what i get for spending 30 quid on it. Any recommendations for a decent router?

The ZyXel X-550 is the best router I've ever used...hands down (even has a hardware switch to disable wireless capability if you don't need it). BTW, I use it with utorrent and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back