Pop up stopppers anyone... ?

G

gladner

There are so many anti pop up programs out there that I don't know what to choose. I just want a simple one that works well and that doesn't use much resources.

I tried StopZilla and was not impressed at all. Anyone have any suggestion?

http://meaya.com/
pop up filter.
best one i can recommend.

its really good and doesn't use more than 2mb of memory. (guess)

also. mozilla and firebird, usally have a feature where you can say "Block Unwanted Pop-Ups". preatty smart way of getting around those pesky pop-ups.

~punk and a coke
:cool:

I've tried a lot of them...

PopUpCop is the best IMHO.

The only thing it doesn't catch is those JAVA floaters.

I agree, I have been very impressed with PopUpCop, did a trial and then bought it.:)

Actually I just downloaded pop this. It installs as a boh and is very minimal. Just kinda runs in the background of OE

Originally posted by Admiral Michael
PopUp Popper, its free and easy to use. Basically is asks you all the time is you want to allow or block the popup. You can even allow all or block all from certain cites.

Clich Here to Visit Hompage

Hear hear...It only allows popups you click for, it can be disabled/enabled quickly by pressing scroll lock, and lets you pick and choose lists of sites to allow or block, as well as blocking popups individually.

Originally posted by Leedogg
Actually I just downloaded pop this. It installs as a boh and is very minimal. Just kinda runs in the background of OE

What is a boh? Runs in backgroud of OE?:confused:

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Hear hear...It only allows popups you click for, it can be disabled/enabled quickly by pressing scroll lock, and lets you pick and choose lists of sites to allow or block, as well as blocking popups individually.

All right! the best popup stopper, dont have to disable stuff and when scroll lock is on its blocks all.

Completely love it.

I like NIS to be honest. It's a firewall with an 'ad-blocker' and antivirus all-in-one.
You can add to the ad-blocker list the websites that manages to get through pop-up blocker.

Opera has a pop-up blocked inside of it; and you can turn it off as needed. Also google bar stops block ups.

-lieb39

Meaya Popup Ad Filter, but none are perfect.
It is also getting leakier somehow...

Oprea has a pop up filter (And it's a web browser too and it's fast! In fact I'm using it right now

I'm with ming on this one, Norton Firewall kills two birds with one stone. Not perfect, but close enough.

i really like adshield.

it used to be free, but u have to pay for verison 3...nothing a search on

astalavista can't fix though

:p

pop up stopper

Google toolber has one now. Its free and works good.

The new IE Google Search bar has a pop-up stopper and form fill in option. Pop-up cop is best, IMHO, since it prohibits automatic downloads of scripts as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back