• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pop up stopppers anyone... ?

G

gladner

There are so many anti pop up programs out there that I don't know what to choose. I just want a simple one that works well and that doesn't use much resources.

I tried StopZilla and was not impressed at all. Anyone have any suggestion?

http://meaya.com/
pop up filter.
best one i can recommend.

its really good and doesn't use more than 2mb of memory. (guess)

also. mozilla and firebird, usally have a feature where you can say "Block Unwanted Pop-Ups". preatty smart way of getting around those pesky pop-ups.

~punk and a coke
:cool:

V

Vorpal

I've tried a lot of them...

PopUpCop is the best IMHO.

The only thing it doesn't catch is those JAVA floaters.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Actually I just downloaded pop this. It installs as a boh and is very minimal. Just kinda runs in the background of OE

Originally posted by Admiral Michael
PopUp Popper, its free and easy to use. Basically is asks you all the time is you want to allow or block the popup. You can even allow all or block all from certain cites.

Clich Here to Visit Hompage
Hear hear...It only allows popups you click for, it can be disabled/enabled quickly by pressing scroll lock, and lets you pick and choose lists of sites to allow or block, as well as blocking popups individually.

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Hear hear...It only allows popups you click for, it can be disabled/enabled quickly by pressing scroll lock, and lets you pick and choose lists of sites to allow or block, as well as blocking popups individually.
All right! the best popup stopper, dont have to disable stuff and when scroll lock is on its blocks all.

Completely love it.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I like NIS to be honest. It's a firewall with an 'ad-blocker' and antivirus all-in-one.
You can add to the ad-blocker list the websites that manages to get through pop-up blocker.

A

Android412

I'm with ming on this one, Norton Firewall kills two birds with one stone. Not perfect, but close enough.

S

seeme

i really like adshield.

it used to be free, but u have to pay for verison 3...nothing a search on

astalavista can't fix though

:p

C

carolynr

The new IE Google Search bar has a pop-up stopper and form fill in option. Pop-up cop is best, IMHO, since it prohibits automatic downloads of scripts as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy